Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine
Thumbsup 
Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine
My name is Steve and I'm new to the forum. I'm an electronics tech, so what I'm about to discuss is not about someone who is just "tinkering" with a CPAP machineSmile I'm repairing my backup machine a RESPIRONICS "REMSTAR M SERIES" MACHINE. I'm working on the MAIN PC BOARD. A TRANSISTOR Q-15 ON THE UNDERSIDE of the pc board is missing. Looking at the solder pads, I can tell it WAS there. Fell off at some point. I NEED THE TYPE NUMBER of this Transistor. I've contacted RESPIRONICS SEVERAL TIMES regarding this. They either don't know the type number(DUH), or, SIMPLY DON'T want to be bothered, after all, this machine is about eight years old(OMG)! I'm hoping (and PRAYING), that someone on this forum with some similar electronics knowledge might possibly have the information that I need.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine
Supplier number 27 is a repair facility and the owner is a member of this forum. Try sending a PM to Accurate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thought is the M-series is two generations old. You might keep an eye on Craigslist for a cast-off machine. Most sellers have an unrealistic idea of what those things are worth, but you might be able to pick one up inexpensively. ($25-50) and have a parts donor and usable machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2015, 06:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Another thought is the M-series is two generations old. You might keep an eye on Craigslist for a cast-off machine. Most sellers have an unrealistic idea of what those things are worth, but you might be able to pick one up inexpensively. ($25-50) and have a parts donor and usable machine.

That's an interesting idea. I'll give that a shot. Thank You!!
Post Reply Post Reply
yes I think the parts droid idea is a goer
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, me too. A possible for sure. already took care of it...
Thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sjkepke,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck getting your machine working.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much! This is my first experience with a forum. This can be a very useful tool Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance you'd be interested in repairing one for me? It's only been used for 3 months. The patient experienced a power failure and now the machine has a NEEDS SERVICING error on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Charlotte704,

Welcome to Apnea Board!

This thread is over 3 years old and the machine that's discussed in this thread is much older. You may get better advice if you create your own new thread and include some more information about the machine. It would be helpful to know the model number of the machine.

Best wishes
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,346 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 153 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 187 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 403 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 848 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 261 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.