Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there an Overview charts vertical line?
Is there an Overview charts vertical line?
Hi Team

In the Daily Charts view, when I place the mouse cursor anywhere in any of the charts, the Green Line/cursors updates in all the charts below.
This is Super Useful for matching events, FLs, RR, Vt etc.

I can't seem to find a way to enable this in the Overview page.  Unsure

It only highlights the selected date in the chart I am hovering over with a pink bar.

Is there a way to enable a similar action in the Overview page or is this an already requested feature? Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there an Overview charts vertical line?
I have wondered why the green vertical line doesn't contain events graph on daily page.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be nice to have the vertical line overlay on all the charts in the Overview page, matching up the corresponding days.

Can this be a feature request please?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've logged both issues for future considerations.

One of the great mysteries remaining in OSCAR is the graphics subsystem. No one is expert on it (because we haven't needed to become expert as it just mostly works ok). So it may not be easy to figure out where this is done or how to modify it.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guy, 

thanks for the response and your time.

Here is an observation: (Windows 10 with Oscar 1.2)

In Daily Chart:

Left click and drag to the right, shows duration of the selected time period in Tool Tip, release LC = zooms in, as intended.

Shift, left click and hold > drag to the right, shows duration of the selected time period > unclick = stays unzoomed on the chart.

Shift, Left click and hold > drag to the right, shows duration of the selected time period, then first release Shift, then unclick = zooms into the selected time period. As intended.

In Overview Chart 

Left click and drag to the right, tool tip shows hours of the last selected date, and selected days are highlighted.*

Shift, left click and hold > drag to the right, tool tip shows hours of the last selected date > then unclick = returns to daily chart! When returning to the Overview the selected days are still highlighted. Could that be a clue?

Shift, Left click and hold > drag to the right, tool tip shows hours of the last selected date, then first release Shift, then unclick = zooms into the selected time period. As intended.

I have no PC skills or understanding of this, merely an observer.

*If we could have the highlight display on all the Overview charts we could match up changes in settings and results at a glance. This would add even more finesse to OSCAR!

PS and PPS and PPPS ..................Understand this may not be worth the time and energy spent at this stage.

Apologies for adding to the wish list!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2021, 11:11 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: I've logged both issues for future considerations.

One of the great mysteries remaining in OSCAR is the graphics subsystem. No one is expert on it (because we haven't needed to become expert as it just mostly works ok). So it may not be easy to figure out where this is done or how to modify it.

Is it possible to code GUI for example with python or java or etc. and it calls C++ routines to do things? Like 3-tier thinking database - business logic - presentation. Each of them can be changed or developed more.
Post Reply Post Reply
The short answer is Yes
Is it practical?
While a rewrite of the UI is in the future there is also a rewrite of OSCAR data slated for the future. The UI rewrite logically follows the data.
At this time we are somewhat constrained by the current software, as is the case with any existing software.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2021, 07:51 AM)SevereApnea Wrote: In Overview Chart 

Shift, left click and hold > drag to the right, tool tip shows hours of the last selected date > then unclick = returns to daily chart! When returning to the Overview the selected days are still highlighted. Could that be a clue?

Clearly not what should be happening. Logged as Mantis #310.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2021, 11:05 AM)Gideon Wrote: The short answer is Yes
Is it practical?
While a rewrite of the UI is in the future there is also a rewrite of OSCAR data slated for the future.  The UI rewrite logically follows the data.
At this time we are somewhat constrained by the current software, as is the case with any existing software.

I think that Yes. It's practical. The menu is not logic. For example if you want to clear one day data, you have to go to Advanced menu. I think that it could be on Data menu and separated a horizontal line. Maybe easier to do with python. It has been an year todo.  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2021, 11:37 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Clearly not what should be happening. Logged as Mantis #310.

Why not?  While I don't see why you would do it after a click and drag,  I do want the ability to pick a day from the Overview view, and view it in the daily view, and shift-click allows me to do just that. Is there some other "correct" way to do this?

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR [green line but not red line] liebano 2 93 03-26-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: liebano
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 411 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,240 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 853 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
Question Custom Y-axis Ranges for Graps/Charts ? DavidEsp 5 608 05-08-2023, 01:44 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 760 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question Question on data on OSCAR overview page redhermes 8 810 01-12-2023, 10:06 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.