Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sessions Being Duplicated In SH v. 1.1.0
Sessions Being Duplicated In SH v. 1.1.0
Yesterday I installed SleepyHead v. 1.1.0 and imported nearly 4 years of data from v. 0.9.8-1 T3.   V. 0.9.8-1 T3 has been working perfectly, but for some reason v. 1.1.0 reports each session in duplicate, with the result that the reported AHI and related event statistics are doubled for each night.

For example, the night before last my AHI was 1.70 with 8 CA, 8 H, 2 RERA and 13 LL.  The night was broken into 2 sessions (one session of 7h 29m 00s and a second session of 1h 56m 01s).  However, v. 1.1.0 shows an AHI of 3.40 with 16 CA, 16 H, 4 RERA and 26 LL, with 4 sessions reported (two duplicate sessions of 7h 29m 00s and two duplicate sessions of 1h 56m 01s)  (see two attached screenshots).

This issue extends back through all of my daily data as far as I can tell, such that all my historical numbers are wrong under v. 1.1.0.  I can manually turn off the duplicate sessions to eliminate the doubling of events (see other two attached screenshots), but to go back and do that on an individual daily basis for almost 4 years and then do it going forward on a daily basis isn't a good solution.

I never had this issue come up with v. 0.9.8-1 T3.  I assume somewhere there's a setting in v. 1.1.0 that will resolve this, but darned if I can find it after several hours of digging. 

I feel stupid having to ask for help on this, but I've tried without success to sort this out on my own and would greatly appreciate some help.

Many thanks in advance,
AndyB
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sessions Being Duplicated In SH v. 1.1.0
For now try the Data tab and "rebuild CPAP Data"
Let us know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I fixed this issue by starting all over (for the 3rd time).  Apparently something went askew during the earlier data imports and conversion to the v. 1.1.0 file format, but this last time all seems to have come through the process properly.

Here's what finally worked: I deleted the profile folder and all files in the v. 1.1.0 document folder, then copied the profile folder and all files in the v. 0.9.8-1 T3 folder to the v. 1.1.0 document folder.  Next I ran v. 1.1.0 and authorized v. 1.1.0 to convert the data files from v. 0.9.8-1 T3.  This time the conversion produced historical data that does not duplicate sessions.

No idea what really happened here, but it seems I'm in business now with v. 1.1.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour -- tried that earlier and it didn't resolve the issue.  But thanks for the suggestion -- I appreciate your many great posts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops!  Spoke too soon -- I just imported data from my Resmed SD card to add last night's data to v. 1.1.0, and now the duplicate sessions have reappeared, starting with the night before last, which was the last night included in the historical data from v. 0.9.8-1 T3.

I think what happened is that v. 1.1.0 added all of the session data on my SD card to the old data already imported and converted from v. 0.9.8-1 T3, rather than recognizing that only 1 night's data (last night) needed to be added.  I'm going to keep digging on this -- if my theory is correct, then the duplicate sessions should only extend back about 6 months, which I believe is all the data on the Resmed SD card.

Will keep you guys posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
if it helps, you can tell SH not to import sessions from before a date you choose. file/preferences/import check box 2/3 down the tab (in v 1.0.0 beta2 broken gl; I assume other versions as well).
Post Reply Post Reply
After multiple installs, uninstalls, complete data deletions, complete data imports, data rebuilds, file copy/pastes and one-by-one daily session adjustments, I've thrown in the towel on trying to import my historical data from v. 0.9.8-1 T3  to v. 1.1.0.

Instead, I will simply archive v. 0.9.8-1 T3 with its data going back to 2015 and use v. 1.1.0 for data it is able to cleanly import from my Resmed SD card (i.e., approximately 6 months of detailed data and 18 months of summary data).  Not the end of the world, but disappointing not to be able to get all my SH data into v. 1.1.0.

AndyB
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 219 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Oscar File Export Sessions DanEm 32 2,050 09-07-2023, 01:32 AM
Last Post: DanEm
  Sessions are all off KStanLD 4 729 07-07-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: KStanLD
  How do I view multiple sessions during same day? MIguy7 6 589 04-30-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: MIguy7
Exclaimation OSCAR doesn't import small sessions ResScan does import PjotterHasApn 2 541 02-28-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: PjotterHasApn
  ResMed-2 sessions short 2nd useful- Break to long/Card out of machine to soon. KeepSmiling 5 695 11-18-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Oscar sessions seem wrong DanEm 73 4,850 03-23-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: DanEm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.