Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Set data location
Set data location
I just got a new computer, and I installed the latest version of OSCAR. During the installation, I was asked where I wanted my data files. I mistakenly picked my wifi data card. I cannot seem to be able to reset this again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Set data location
I copied this from another post:

RE: OSCAR Data location
I don't think we need to make a mountain out of a molehill!  

Move your OSCAR_Data folder to wherever you want it to reside.  Start OSCAR.  It will ask if you want to create the OSCAR_Data folder.  Respond "no" and a file open window will give you the opportunity to locate your OSCAR_Data folder in its new location.  It will remember the new location, so all should be well.

Or you can muck with the registry or its equivalent on non-Windows platforms. I don't recommend that approach.

The current version of OSCAR is 1.1.1.  We recommend upgrading from any earlier version.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2020, 11:36 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Move your OSCAR_Data folder to wherever you want it to reside.  Start OSCAR.  It will ask if you want to create the OSCAR_Data folder.  Respond "no" and a file open window will give you the opportunity to locate your OSCAR_Data folder in its new location.  It will remember the new location, so all should be well.

Thanks for the reply, but not the problem. I copied all the data over, but the program is still looking at the card and I need it to look on my computer. "It will ask if you want to create the OSCAR_Data folder.  Respond "no" and a file open window will give you the opportunity to locate your OSCAR_Data folder in its new location" The is the problem. I responded yes and selected the wrong location. I cannot get this prompt again.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can either delete it from your SD card, or simply temporarily remove the SD card while launching OSCAR. If it doesn't find the OSCAR_Data where it previously found it, it should then prompt you, at which time you can point it to the new location.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2020, 10:02 AM)sawinglogz Wrote: You can either delete it from your SD card, or simply temporarily remove the SD card while launching OSCAR. If it doesn't find the OSCAR_Data where it previously found it, it should then prompt you, at which time you can point it to the new location.

Thanks, I just found it in the registry and changed it. All good now, except my new computer has a lot higher resolution so now I have to adjust all those settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please see the section on "OSCAR Graphics Problems" in the OSCAR Troubleshooting wiki.  Link: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...leshooting  This section describes how to adjust the program properties for use on a high DPI screen on Windows.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the heads up!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 7 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  OSCAR Data location David Lee 7 3,228 05-31-2022, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mjrPdqkLguUgGLE
  Change save location (OSCAR) PaulaO2 14 4,056 05-05-2022, 01:47 PM
Last Post: OldGrampa
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,258 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.