Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting BiPAP machine
Setting BiPAP machine
I am getting the Resmed AirCurve 10 vAuto.

Reading the clinical guide, there are some technical parameters to set.
I am pretty much at ease with most of them except the TiMax and TiMin in vAuto mode.

Any advice on how to find the best settings?
If I read Oscar adequately, my BPM should be near 14.

I think my I:E is long inhale and short exhale, maybe 3:1. (See attached screenshot).
This does not match the values given in the clinical guide or I am not interpreting things correctly.

Readout from Resmed Airsense

Please advise.

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting BiPAP machine
Hey Dan, you finally got a real machine. Leave all the small stuff alone and increase the PS by 1 to 4.0. You're doing find and seriously don't need to change the Ti or trigger settings. I sure wish you showed the whole session and not just a few minutes, My thoughts are EPAP min 9.0 PS 4.0, max IPAP 18.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thread Review (Newest First)

Quote:Posted by Sleeprider - 7 minutes ago
Hey Dan, you finally got a real machine.

I finally took the matter in my own hands.  I am good with tweaking images and pdf so my prescription ended 100% good for the AirCurve :-).
I am dumping my doctor and CPAP supplier.

Last news is that I should receive the BiPAP within a week or less if there are no more problems.

I will set up the BiPAP with the values you indicated except I will keep a differential of 10 between EPAP and IPAP (EPAP min = 8, not PS = 10) unless strongly not recommended.

I also intend doing some tests to see if I can get rid of the cervical collar and MAD,  It would certainly be great if those can be eliminated but I am not that confident to succeed.

I am including the whole view for my last image.
Also including a view of my AHI and FL since start of this year.

Ooops, no deal to attach a second file.  It seems I have reached my quota.  Need to do some cleaning tomorrow.

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
Sound good Dan, just to clarify, you will use Vauto mode with EPAP min 8.0, PS 4.0, correct?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=47147]Thread Review (Newest First)

Quote:Posted by Sleeprider - 1 hour ago
Sound good Dan, just to clarify, you will use Vauto mode with EPAP min 8.0, PS 4.0, correct?

That is correct.

Back to my question about the TiMax and TiMin in vAuto mode, if I understand correctly the manual, in vAuto mode you have to specify values for those.
Should I set them to minimum value?

The clinical manual does not explain much how these parameters work except they are the minimum and maximum time the device spends in IPAP.

I am including all parameters settings I think I need to set.

Is there information available on these somewhere?

I am also including the file I could not include yesterday.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe default values for TiMin is 0.3 and TiMax is 2.0. Based on the previously posted chart, I would suggest TiMax at 2.4.

Your settings image below shows pressure support 10. That is a gross error and will cause 10 cm of PS on every breath. Change that to 4.0. ot using a Climateline heated tube?  My preference in climate settings is manual at a setting of 4 with tube temperature around 80.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=47146]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Sleeprider.

Again I made an error. The PS is suppose to be 4, not 10.  My error and glad you checked it.
I have again submitted my settings,

The following is the seller's description of what I should receive:
  • AirCurve 10 vAuto (BiPAP) Package
  • Includes mask | heated tubing | filters | wipes
  • Resmed AirFit F20 / Small x 1

Quote:My preference in climate settings is manual at a setting of 4 with tube temperature around 80.

Personally, I prefer cold air, that is why I have indicated Tube Temp OFF.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Setting Oscar
With the new machine I am getting (BiPAP), I would like to start Oscar anew.

I can backup all data/files from Oscar with the old machine (CPAP) in seperate folder/media.

What would be the best to do in Oscar.
Delete all and start a new therapy or create a new profile.

If a new profile is the best, how do I set the data to not show the previous therapy or is it OK to just keep going with what is there?

I am asking because I suppose with the new machine, there will be somme differences in the data recorded.

I hope I am clear enough!!!

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Create a new user profile. It will know nothing of the other data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2023, 01:01 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Create a new user profile.  It will know nothing of the other data.  

- Red

I did, but the new profile carries part of the data from the other profile.

Old profile
Data = Dec 22, 2021 =====>> Jan 17, 2023

New profile
Data = Dec 22, 2021 =====>> August 31, 2021

Data in new profile is same as other profile except for date range ?

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,206 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 861 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 389 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,012 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.