Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting Date and Time - REMstar Plus w/C-Flex
Setting Date and Time - REMstar Plus w/C-Flex
Hello,

I just picked up and old used Respironics PR System One REMstar Plus with C-Flex and noticed last night that the date thinks it is January 2012 and won't update automagically or allow the Date and Time to be updated. This doesn't surprise me, since most technology has to be set manually and then with Battery or ROM storage keeps things going for the life of the product.

Thankfully, Apnea Board Administrators sent me the PDF Clinician manual for the Respironics PR System One REMstar Plus with C-Flex, but it doesn't reference changing this either.

Is their a secret that I'm missing that allows you to update these settings or does this require setting at the factory or sleep centers to make work properly?

Actually, the REMstar Plus works just fine, I'd just rather store data with the proper date and time.

Thanks for the info, Brian...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting Date and Time - REMstar Plus w/C-Flex
(11-04-2012, 07:34 PM)sorli Wrote: Hello,

I just picked up and old used Respironics PR System One REMstar Plus with C-Flex and noticed last night that the date thinks it is January 2012 and won't update automagically or allow the Date and Time to be updated.
welcome to the forum
what I know you cannot set the clock on system one machines. it does have a hidden internal clock time set to GMT
the only data PRS1 plus store is compliance data ... how many hours using the machine each night and nothing else
(Auto and Pro models ... full data capable machines)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sorli and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Typical and doesn't surprise me. Actually that is not true and it doesn't really make much since if it records data and won't allow you to change the date things are registered. Interesting...maybe able to hack the date sets that were recorded previously and sidestep the problem.

Thanks for the info. Brian...

(11-04-2012, 07:47 PM)zonk Wrote: Hello,

I just picked up and old used Respironics PR System One REMstar Plus with C-Flex and noticed last night that the date thinks it is January 2012 and won't update automagically or allow the Date and Time to be updated.
welcome to the forum
what I know you cannot set the clock on system one machines. it does have a hidden internal clock time set to GMT
the only data PRS1 plus store is compliance data ... how many hours using the machine each night and nothing else
(Auto and Pro models ... full data capable machines)
[/quote]

Post Reply Post Reply
The PRS1 machines require a special cable and software not available to the general public to set the date and time.

Yet another case of the patient being screwed by Philips.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2012, 07:34 PM)sorli Wrote: Hello,

I just picked up and old used Respironics PR System One REMstar Plus with C-Flex and noticed last night that the date thinks it is January 2012 and won't update automagically or allow the Date and Time to be updated. This doesn't surprise me, since most technology has to be set manually and then with Battery or ROM storage keeps things going for the life of the product.

Thankfully, Apnea Board Administrators sent me the PDF Clinician manual for the Respironics PR System One REMstar Plus with C-Flex, but it doesn't reference changing this either.

Is their a secret that I'm missing that allows you to update these settings or does this require setting at the factory or sleep centers to make work properly?

Actually, the REMstar Plus works just fine, I'd just rather store data with the proper date and time.

Thanks for the info, Brian...

Do you have a DME that you are working with?
If so they could contact Philips to see what can be done.
I have sent Philips several enquiries & have never got a response.
Perhaps a phone call would be better.

Call us at 800-722-9377

USA
Respironics (respiratory care and sleep therapy)
1-800-345-6443

Canada
Respironics (respiratory care and sleep therapy)
1-800-345-6443

Online support

Anyone else find a way to get support from Respironics?
Post Reply Post Reply
sorli
Have a look at Post: #5 from archangle

We can send men to the moon but we can't change our clocks in Respironics CPAP machines.
Something wrong here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Respironics is protecting the profit margin of their service centers and DMEs.

I don't know if many of the local DMEs have the equipment, the software, and someone smart enough to fix the clock for you, or if it has to be shipped back to a service center.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes unfortunately I think you are probably correct archangle
Post Reply Post Reply
don,t bang your heads against brick wall [someone did already] Too-funny
just get an S9 machine [AutoSet or Elite - Not Escape or Escape Auto]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 217 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,456 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 628 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,207 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.