Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting Suggestion for ResMed ASV for Complex OSA.
Setting Suggestion for ResMed ASV for Complex OSA.
I mainly have some TE-CSA with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet, but I just got a new ResMed ASV today. What mode should I put in place? ASV or ASVAuto. And what're their respective settings? I am 5'10, 152lbs, and 37 years old

Attached are data for 10/29.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting Suggestion for ResMed ASV for Complex OSA.
Attached are data for 10/27.

Post Reply Post Reply
Attached are data for 10/26.

Post Reply Post Reply
Let's do a very slightly modified ResMed titration settings. Do not use Ramp as this will interfere in with therapy settings.

Settings as follows:
Mode ASVAuto
EPAP Min 6 Max 15
PS Min 3 Max 15
That's it besides your heated hose and humidifier settings.
IPAP is not adjustable directly on this ASV. The algorithm sets it by adding the EPAP and PS by itself.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on using your Autoset at a minimum pressure of 8.0 and EPR 2 (8.0/6.0 IPAP/EPAP), and no evidence of obstructive apnea. I'm going to suggest:
Mode: ASVauto
EPAP min: 5.0
EPAP max: 9.0
PS min: 3.0
PS max: 12.0

Sleep well and call me in the morning. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2020, 06:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Based on using your Autoset at a minimum pressure of 8.0 and EPR 2 (8.0/6.0 IPAP/EPAP), and no evidence of obstructive apnea. I'm going to suggest:
Mode: ASVauto
EPAP min: 5.0
EPAP max: 9.0
PS min: 3.0
PS max: 12.0

Sleep well and call me in the morning. Smile

Should I heed your advice or SarcasticDave94's?
Post Reply Post Reply
I defer, try Sleeprider's numbers.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave's are closer to the Resmed default recommendations, and mine are slightly modified based on your observed CPAP results. I like to start with the lower EPAP and less aggressive PS max, and this usually works in mild cases like yours. Dave and I posted at the same time or I would have been fine with his recommendation and not commented.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2020, 09:37 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Dave's are closer to the Resmed default recommendations, and mine are slightly modified based on your observed CPAP results. I like to start with the lower EPAP and less aggressive PS max, and this usually works in mild cases like yours.  Dave and I posted at the same time or I would have been fine with his recommendation and not commented.

I was doing and sleeping extremely well with the Airsense 10 for a couple of months, then the machine was put on a FedEx truck for like 10 days before returning back to me. After the machine returned, I found the water chamber was leaking but the machine could still run. The AHI number suddenly became much higher(4 or 3), and I started to feel terrible again. So I thought about getting an Airsense 10 replacement first.

Was it because the Airsense 10 suffered some unknown mechanic damage during the FedEx transit so the AHI suddenly jumped and I felt terrible?
Post Reply Post Reply
If it helps any, I think the ones Sleeprider put out there are going to get you to where you need to be a bit faster. We know this is at or near what you were doing on the CPAP. I was giving almost titration start pressures with an EPAP Min bump starting at 6. I think either set of pressures will work, but as said, the ones that are closer to your other PAP machine is the shortcut way to be closer to your operational therapy. Go for the shortcut method.

And to mention how I set my ASV, I rarely changed PS leaving it at 3-15. I tried PS Min 4, and it felt a bit abrupt to me, so 3 was where I ran its Min PS most. PS Max was 15 to give it the ability to go there if needed; I can't recall it ever doing so, maybe into an IPAP 23-24 so yes PS was close to the top a few times. But it must have been needed.

I found that EPAP Min needed to be more than 4 to give a proper amount of air to start off, and I settled on 8 for my base EPAP Min. I found that for some reason I did fine on EPAP Max 13. And it must have been fine because EPAP took care of all OA and H. PS with auto backup rate took out the CA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 150 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,922 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea: Help Analysing OSCAR and advises C3POap 4 326 01-14-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 425 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.