Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting Target Va on iVAPS machine
ok, use the doctors 5.2, it's close enough for now. It's not a very big difference. You can also spontaneously breathe more than va 5.2 if you need too, you won't choke. This is the backup rate. The backup rate is going to be based on MV of 6.7 and try and make sure you get around this.
I'd use this and see what the averages come out to.

one resscan summary report is worth a thousand words and 16 phone calls. Smile
If the numbers are bad, I'd print/email off a resscan report and send to the DME and get them to send to doctor.
I'd also print off the resscan report showing the average minute vent of 7 from cpap, you can select the time period. and include this with it. It will give a data point.

I'm just a XPAP user like you and like the rest of the forum. I can't think of a reason for the AHI to go stupid, because you switch from S to ST mode. At the end of the day, they may need to titrate you in a lab again, to see what is going on.
new http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
From machine or charts for auto-cpap, set the min 1cm below median pressure, or 2cm below 90/95%. max at 20cm for now. Forum will help you fine tune settings
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Okay  Got it!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] DreamStation will not change setting byaccident 4 291 05-26-2018, 07:45 PM
Last Post: stanleydean
  DreamStation Go setting suggestions coming from an S9? epicycloid 14 740 05-21-2018, 01:04 PM
Last Post: GuppyDRV
  [Equipment] resmed setting for new mask snorybob 5 283 04-29-2018, 05:53 PM
Last Post: snorybob
  Mask Type Setting on Dreamstation bernerbits 14 21,545 04-29-2018, 02:25 AM
Last Post: scroydon
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 74 59,551 04-26-2018, 07:23 PM
Last Post: HD Fry
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 22 11,875 04-09-2018, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 1,580 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare