Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting Time on a PR System One APAP
How can I set the internal clock on my machine? Times are off in Sleepyhead?

Or even can you set it?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no available user or clinical adjustment. You can offset the time in Sleepyhead if you want, but only a repair facility can reset the internal clock which is set to GMT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No can do on Pr machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

In this day and age when atomic clocks can be reached over the internet and the cell network I am rather gobsmacked to see machines that can't set their own times automatically. It would be easy to do and remove another one of life's little annoyances. Maybe someone should put a word in someone's ear. Or a lot of words...

My Resmed machine has a built in cell phone and it still can't tell it's time. MY cell phone does that all the time.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

The above is my opinion.  It is just possible that I may, occasionally, be mistaken.

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Everything put together sooner or later falls apart.
Your brain is not the boss.
Our forefathers took drugs.
He's no fun he fell right over.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lately I've noticed its close enough for Government work..
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 07:38 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: In this day and age when atomic clocks can be reached over the internet and the cell network I am rather gobsmacked to see machines that can't set their own times automatically. It would be easy to do and remove another one of life's little annoyances. Maybe someone should put a word in someone's ear. Or a lot of words...

My Resmed machine has a built in cell phone and it still can't tell it's time. MY cell phone does that all the time.

I'm astonished at that too. I remember what a contributor to this board said when they found themselves in a restaurant with a Philips rep. The summary was that Philips (and others) see their customer as the DME and not the end-user. I suppose it's like GM seeing their customer as the dealership and not the buyer/driver. Until their dealers scream at them about a change, they won't think it's necessary.

Sleep Apnea has given me a terrible memory. Please forgive me if I've repeated myself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP better than CPAP for REM Apnea? Apnea Infant 30 847 2 minutes ago
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Still snoring with APAP Tahera11979 2 66 2 hours ago
Last Post: TASmart
  time for ASV? lionel197 19 473 05-25-2017, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. DavePaulson 18 416 05-24-2017, 01:48 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  How many of us use an apap E.W. 20 581 05-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Mogy
  Resmed APAP Pressure RogerNZ 20 492 05-19-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: RogerNZ
Question Theoretical Setting for a Bi-Level Machine Question Crimson Nape 1 98 05-18-2017, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider