Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting Time on a PR System One APAP
How can I set the internal clock on my machine? Times are off in Sleepyhead?

Or even can you set it?
There is no available user or clinical adjustment. You can offset the time in Sleepyhead if you want, but only a repair facility can reset the internal clock which is set to GMT.
No can do on Pr machine.

In this day and age when atomic clocks can be reached over the internet and the cell network I am rather gobsmacked to see machines that can't set their own times automatically. It would be easy to do and remove another one of life's little annoyances. Maybe someone should put a word in someone's ear. Or a lot of words...

My Resmed machine has a built in cell phone and it still can't tell it's time. MY cell phone does that all the time.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
Lately I've noticed its close enough for Government work..
(12-14-2015, 07:38 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: In this day and age when atomic clocks can be reached over the internet and the cell network I am rather gobsmacked to see machines that can't set their own times automatically. It would be easy to do and remove another one of life's little annoyances. Maybe someone should put a word in someone's ear. Or a lot of words...

My Resmed machine has a built in cell phone and it still can't tell it's time. MY cell phone does that all the time.

I'm astonished at that too. I remember what a contributor to this board said when they found themselves in a restaurant with a Philips rep. The summary was that Philips (and others) see their customer as the DME and not the end-user. I suppose it's like GM seeing their customer as the dealership and not the buyer/driver. Until their dealers scream at them about a change, they won't think it's necessary.

Sleep Apnea has given me a terrible memory. Please forgive me if I've repeated myself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Septoplasty with APAP and humidifier? alisa 7 187 01-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  newbie battery question- time sensitive Dogwood1447 14 386 01-18-2017, 07:06 AM
Last Post: pc1955
Sad Sinus congestion, APAP, and the end of the world jeffmackatron 8 267 01-16-2017, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  How to ulock Ramp setting on dreamstation wdriver 3 210 01-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Last Post: wdriver
  What's the maximum pressure setting that doesn't disturb your sleep? Ihaveapnea 12 543 01-14-2017, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
Question What is the expected time for continuous sleep? Benji 10 521 01-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  cpap and apap not effictive Ezil71 117 4,197 01-13-2017, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Ezil71