Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5 Months In and Suggestions Welcome
5 Months In and Suggestions Welcome
Hello all!

I am 5 months into my treatment and my therapy has definitely helped. I had an AHI of over 120 in the home sleep study and now I am almost always below 5 and usually below 3. I do sleep better and I am able to focus better but I don't feel as refreshed as I thought I would when I started. Maybe my expectations aren't realistic but was curious if anyone has any suggestions for me... I've included two of my recent nights.

Thank you in advance!!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 Months In and Suggestions Welcome
Your therapy looks pretty good, and you don't have issues with leaks. Your pressure range of 8.0 to 15.0 controls all the obstructive apnea you had before therapy, and you seem to top out at 11.0 cm pressure. The events of significance for you are the flow limitation, hypopnea and RERA which are all related. The Philips Dreamstation is a bit of a one-trick pony and the only solution of those issues is an increase in minimum pressure. With the Resmed machines, we often use EPR to use essentially bilevel to treat flow limitation, and it works well. Looking at your charts, everything cleans up nicely at 10 cm pressure. I think you should give a minimum pressure of 9.0 a try and see if you're feeling better, and don't hesitate to go to a minimum pressure of 10.0 if you tolerate it and feel comfortable. Welcome to Apnea Board.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 280 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,641 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,919 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 481 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 289 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 244 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 668 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.