Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting date on A-10
Setting date on A-10
I tried to reset the date on my A-10 today and messed it up. I meant to just tweak the minutes a bit, but I wound up accidentally setting the year to 2017. When I tried to reset it to 2016 I received a message telling me I couldn't go back in time. So now it looks like I'm stuck on 2017. Oh-jeez

Is there a workaround for this?

What if I unplug the machine on New Year's eve? Will it know to roll over the year the next day when I plug it back in?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting date on A-10
Jim,
It means that you recorded some data with that date to the SD card. Try formatting the card to see if it will then allow you to reset the date.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
no way around it. remove the SD card before set the clock back in time, otherwise the machine wipe the card clean and all the data on the card get lost as well. download the data from the SD card, before insert back in the machine or get a new SD card card and keep the old one
Post Reply Post Reply
Whoops. I think you have to get into the menu and do a reset to factory settings. That erases all your data and settings.
If you are in compliance monitoring by insurance, then that's bad. You would need to know each setting; and setup the machine with your custom settings.

The machine has a built in battery to power the internal clock even when unplugged; so It will keep the time/date running.

Let's see what others think; but, I think you either just keep the 2017 date; or do the reset.

Or, here's a thought: Move the time 1 hour ahead; then try to roll back the year. Have the SD card removed when you try it.
If that works, try to set the time correctly.

This you can't go backwards cabal is the machine thinking there is data in the past. You might fool it by moving the hour ahead a little.

Best of luck. edit: I like what zonk and Crimson Nape suggested.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I pulled the card and turned the machine on, and all the setup data is still there, so it must be stored in the machine's NV memory as well as in the card. I don't think replacing the card or formatting the current one will help.

I checked the manual, and neither restoring factory defaults nor erasing data changes the date. Looks like I'm stuck. I'll try the DME next, then ResMed support.
Post Reply Post Reply
What about daylight savings time? Does the machine know or are we stuck here too?
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I change my S9 to/from DST every year. I always do it in the afternoon; because the "cpap day" for ResMed machines starts and ends at local noon. I'm sure it's the same for the 10 series machines.

People half way round the world buy Resmed machines from Supplier #2 on the list. They have to roll back time nearly half a day.

(08-28-2016, 08:30 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: I checked the manual, and neither restoring factory defaults nor erasing data changes the date. Looks like I'm stuck. I'll try the DME next, then ResMed support.

It may not change the date: but it may allow one to change the date.
The machines are known to get upset if asked to roll back the clock to where there is existing data.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2016, 08:30 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: I checked the manual, and neither restoring factory defaults nor erasing data changes the date. Looks like I'm stuck. I'll try the DME next, then ResMed support.

(08-29-2016, 08:41 AM)justMongo Wrote: It may not change the date: but it may allow one to change the date.
The machines are known to get upset if asked to roll back the clock to where there is existing data.

I'm pretty certain that Mongo is correct. I think I have done that before. In any case, I'd be willing to do it to make sure it works, if anyone needs the assurance. I have nothing to lose since I'm beyond all compliance verification requirements and all my personal use data is on my computer.

Dude

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's what it says about the date function for the ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto.

Quote:Setting the date and time

Before you set up a new patient and start therapy for the first time, make sure you set the correct local date and time on the device. If you set the date and time after starting therapy, you may lose patient data.

1. In Settings menu, select Date and change the setting to the correct date.
  2. Select Time and change it to the correct local time.
  3. Make sure the correct local time and date has been applied.

The AirCurve 10 settings must be configured for each individual patient. The settings should be periodically reassessed to ensure optimal therapy.

NOTE DATE: If you set a new date that occurs in the past then an error message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data available under the Configuration menu.

NOTE TIME: If you set a new time that occurs in the past then an error message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data available under the Configuration menu.

That's what it says for the ResMed AirCurve 10. I can't hardly believe the code would be different between the two machines, but it's possible.

HTHs
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2016, 07:54 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: I tried to reset the date on my A-10 today and messed it up. I meant to just tweak the minutes a bit, but I wound up accidentally setting the year to 2017. When I tried to reset it to 2016 I received a message telling me I couldn't go back in time. So now it looks like I'm stuck on 2017. Oh-jeez

Is there a workaround for this?

What if I unplug the machine on New Year's eve? Will it know to roll over the year the next day when I plug it back in?

If you didn't turn the blower on after you had set the date to 2017, you might still have a chance.

The rule is you can't set the clock to a time for which any data was already recorded.

So, if you have turned on the blower since setting the date to 2017, then you might be out of luck to simply reset the date because it will have already recorded a new session.

If you did not turn on the blower, then you may still be able to set the date/time to a setting for which no data has been recorded. In my experience that goes down to the hour, so any hour of the day for which data already exists cannot be set on the clock or else it would overwrite existing data which is forbidden.

So, if you wait a couple of hours without turning on the blower, then you might be able to set the clock backwards up to the beginning of the earliest hour that has no data logged already.

If that is clear as mud, then wait two hours and you may be able to reset the clock up to one hour earlier.

Failing that, I'm not sure that flattening the SD card will do what you need. That's because the machine stores about a year of data in its onboard memory. So rather than wipe the SD card, you might need to do a factory reset without the SD card inserted. Then set the clock to the correct time.

Before you mess with the SD card, good idea to back it up on your computer. Or just buy a new SD card, they're cheap.

When you reinsert the SD card after a factory reset, the machine might not be willing to take it with pre-existing data, and ask to format the card. I don't know about this for sure. It might accept a card with historical data, but it probably will not accept a card with future dated data on it. You would have to try to know.

If you have 2017 data on the SD card, you might be able to simply delete that (those) session(s) with the future date without reformatting the SD card. I don't know how to advise you on specific steps to do that, but I would browse the file system on the SD card and find session files with future data and delete the files. That's dicey so depends on how desperate you are to keep your data.

What I have described is probably more hoops than most people are willing to jump through, but since you seem inclined to pursue it those are things I would try myself before I wiped the SD card or the machine.

Here's an earlier discussion of similar clock reset issue that has more TMI if you are interested... http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid126544

If you are in a position where this could cost you a commercial drivers license or in a situation where you need this data to demonstrate compliance for insurance coverage, then the most important thing is to preserve your existing data.

In that case I would spend the $10-$15 and get a new SD card overnight (or buy one locally) and keep the old one around until you are out of the compliance window.

For historical purposes that don't involve legal compliance, it may be sufficient to have the data captured in sleepyhead or resscan since that is the analysis tool for taking actions to improve our therapy. But if compliance is an issue I would keep the original SD card around and go forward from here with a new SD card.

good luck with this.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 424 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.