Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting my ResMed 9 back to 17
Setting my ResMed 9 back to 17

Hi All......I have a ResMed 9 and it's been working great.

I bought it on my own from SecondWind and figured out how to set the pressure; they had set it at 10 but it wasn't working too well so I moved it to 15 and that was great, worked like a charm.

I finally went to a DME last week [because my local sleep DR told me to, not because I *wanted* to] and they set it to 20; way too high! Now, as mentioned in another thread, I can't fall back asleep after I wale up to urinate at 4am; before the re-set I had no trouble at all.

I know it's a simple fix but I have played around with the knobs and buttons for an hour and no luck......can someone tell me how to get my pressure back down to 15 from 20? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting my ResMed 9 back to 17
(10-14-2012, 09:14 AM)Route67 Wrote: Hi All......I have a ResMed 9 and it's been working great.

I bought it on my own from SecondWind and figured out how to set the pressure; they had set it at 10 but it wasn't working too well so I moved it to 15 and that was great, worked like a charm.

I finally went to a DME last week [because my local sleep DR told me to, not because I *wanted* to] and they set it to 20; way too high! Now, as mentioned in another thread, I can't fall back asleep after I wale up to urinate at 4am; before the re-set I had no trouble at all.

I know it's a simple fix but I have played around with the knobs and buttons for an hour and no luck......can someone tell me how to get my pressure back down to 15 from 20? Thanks!

Check the private area of this board for instructions on getting a copy of the clinitian's manual. Complete instructions are in that manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
manuals:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Also consider using the ResScan software or the Sleepyhead software
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-M...bers-Forum

Once you get the manual, if you still have trouble after that, let us know and we'll help.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Take the SD card out and do the change ... wait for a while and check if OK this time then the DME locked the setting on the card
and when you put the card back into the machine it,ll revert to the old settings

either use the machine without the card or get a new card
not sure how to reformat the card

what other software are you using
do you know how to read data on your machine (AHI, leak)
do you have a followup with sleep doc
what was the titrated pressure

Post Reply Post Reply
I keep forgetting they sometimes do that. I'd get another card.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2012, 02:24 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I keep forgetting they sometimes do that. I'd get another card.

Getting another card is an option, but I found out the hard way that it's best to get one of the fewest GB and make sure it is mini, not micro inside a micro-to-mini adapter. I bought a 4 GB SanDisk (because that was the fewest GB the store had) only to discover that it was really a micro in a micro-to-mini adapter. At first it worked OK, but I kept noticing it took a long time to mount and for SleepyHead to read the data. Finally I went back to using a 2 GB card that came with the PRS1 and suddenly read-write speeds were instantaneous and it mounted right away. Apparently the connections were just a bit flaky on the micro + adapter arrangement.

As for formatting, the CPAP machine will do that for you if the card is not already formatted. If you want to do it yourself, the filesystem is VFAT (which Microsoft calls FAT32). VFAT is a rotten filesystem as filesystems go because it cannot handle permissions or security settings, has limited file size capacity, and is easy to corrupt. On the other hand it is open source, so every operating system can read and write to it. For this reason it has become the de facto standard for USB sticks and SD cards.

Periodically I copy everything off the SD card into a folder on my computer, overwriting the previous data in the folder. If something happens to the card I can just copy the data back onto a different card. The amount of data on the card is trivial; less than what a typical single jpg picture file would be.

If someone is concerned about the doc or DME erasing the card I would suggest asking them not to. Their software does not automatically erase the card, so there is no reason for them to erase it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2012, 09:14 AM)Route67 Wrote: Hi All......I have a ResMed 9 and it's been working great.

That's not a universal truth. So far there is no clinician/setup/service manual available for the REMstar SE. I've tried a few suggestions from others and tried to mimic the button sequences from other machines. No such luck. The store where I got my machine denies that such a manual exists (but of course they know how to do it) and claim I don't "need" a copy. Getting passwords for "My Respironics" and "The Online Learning Centre" of the Philips website were easy. While I was able to snag some random manuals along the way, they don't have the one I need. Trying to discreetly pose as a professional I made a simple request for a "replacement" manual but I have yet to hear from them. I find I can usually get access to "professional" resources simply by posing as one. But it's no guarantee. But until I hear back from Philips I don't think I'm defeated just yet. And sooner or later my doctor will return from holidays (how convenient) and I can question him about my settings or he can forward me to the Otolaryngologist - but I need a referral before he will talk to me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 134 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 276 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 154 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 521 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 203 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.