Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10
RE: Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10
A better way to set the clock back

As people have noted, you sometimes can't set the Resmed CPAP Autoset 10 (and similar machines) clock (date, hour, minute) back. This messes people up because of daylight savings time, or time zone changes, and especially if you accidentally set the clock a day or two too far ahead. Apparently it won't let you set the time back before the last data present on the SD Card flash drive.

Some people here have suggested backing up the SD card, erasing compliance data (for which you need to get into the clinical settings menu - discussed elsewhere; but you need to do that to set the clock anyway), then setting the time right, and restoring data to the SD card.

But a DME, insurance company, employer, government agency, etc., might for various reasons want to verify that the data on your SD card is authentic, and not fraudulent. Aside from the fact that Apple and modern Microsoft Windows computers add potentially troublesome files to the card if it isn't write protected, that procedure will probably leave traces of being externally modified. E.g., as others have noted, the Journal.dat file is supposed to be in a particular physical location on the card, and there are other less obvious ways to hide information on SD cards or inside the CPAP machine. (BTW, some people say here Journal.dat is zero filled - but not on MY Airsense Autoset 10. Also, the file is hidden, my Windows machine calls it protected, so I need to change default view characteristics to see it is there.)

So it is better to just change the time in steps. Just BEFORE (NOT AFTER) you start using it for the night, change the date & time. If it can be set to the correct time, you are done.

If not, set the minutes right, then set the hours back as far as it lets you. Repeat setting the hours back as far as it lets on on succeeding nights, until the date and time are right.

Of course the data still looks weird - it looks like you slept a LOT for those days - perhaps almost all day. If you don't want that, set it back only a few hours a day until you have the right time.

Make a note of these changes, so you can justify changing the time if needed. It is entirely possible that time settings show up in the forensic data written to the card, or is obvious from the data sent to Resmed. If using OSCAR or SleepyHead, you may could also add comments for that day so you won't be confused.

If you have a separate oximeter with a clock in it, always set its time the same, so sleep and oximetry data will be synced, and make note of that too.

At least that is my 2 cents.
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
Ouch!

After doing this, my machine has gotten into a mode where it has stopped taking data.

I also then tried signing into myair.resmed.com. It lets me sign in, but I can't do anything.

Don't do this!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 07:52 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Every time we change from DST to Standard Time members make mistakes and lose data. The correct answer has always been, don’t do it. It’s not your alarm clock and this is an example of why this feature hides behind the clinical menu.

To correct, download data to Oscar then format the SD card and reset user data on the machine.

It's already been said. Lolabove
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 5 62 7 hours ago
Last Post: johnathanb76
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 72 8 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 61 1,004 10 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,449 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 179 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 134 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 122 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.