Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

25 years of cpap, and still not working good
25 years of cpap, and still not working good
Hi, I´m using a cpap for 25 years, and still have a lot of events.

I tried all kinds of mask, and pillows, but still a lot of AHI.

I get no help from my sleepng center, soo I try to write here.

It looks me, that most of my apneas are open airway apneas, hardly any obstructing apneas.

Do I need other settings? Now autoset, cpap, 4 to 9.4 cm.

Hope you can give some advise, Johan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 25 years of cpap, and still not working good
In order to help, I have to make some educated guesses as to your needs and provide you some settings to test that. Your event rate is moderately high and most events are showing as hypopnea and central events. The rare obstructive apnea are generally clustered very close together. Objectively your events are all mostly clustered and this may be a positional issue as discussed here: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea

I'm going recommend that you increase your minimum pressure to 7.0 which is closer to your median actual pressure, but I'm going to offset that by having you turn on EPR (exhale pressure relief) full-time at setting 3, and a maximum pressure at 10.0 This should help us tackle the very high flow limitations that are a significant adverse feature of your therapy. It's my running theory this will significantly reduce your event rate and increase comfort for you. Controlling leaks needs to be a priority as well. Are you leaking through your mouth?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 25 years of cpap, and still not working good
Thank you, I will try this tonight.

Thanks, Johan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.