Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10
Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10
I've got my Resmed Airsense 10's time and date all out of wack. I tried to adjust the time for the end of daylight savings time and have now got it two days and one hour ahead. When I try to set the correct time and date it tells me I can't set this to a past date.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10
Welcome to apnea board, cmadon

You need to erase the data before the machine can accept the changes, you might want to download SD card data first

From the A10 clinical manual:

Set the current date.
If you set a new date that occurs in the past then an error message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data available under the Configuration menu.

Set the current time.
If you set a new time that occurs in the past then an error message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data available under the Configuration menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cmadon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, we've all done that at least once. Erasing the data is no big deal. Save the data from the card. Even make a full copy of it onto your hard drive if you want. Then start over on the machine.

When the time change means we have to change the time BACK an hour, we have to make sure we wait at least a full hour after we turn off the CPAP before doing it. Else we get the same error message.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hate to be devils advocate but in the scheme of things does it matter if the time is out an hour during daylight saving months?

The aim of the therapy is to measure sleep incidents rather than the time you went to bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! Thank you so much. Worked like a charm.

C.

(11-10-2014, 05:11 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yeah, we've all done that at least once. Erasing the data is no big deal. Save the data from the card. Even make a full copy of it onto your hard drive if you want. Then start over on the machine.

When the time change means we have to change the time BACK an hour, we have to make sure we wait at least a full hour after we turn off the CPAP before doing it. Else we get the same error message.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2014, 07:57 PM)lab rat Wrote: Hate to be devils advocate but in the scheme of things does it matter if the time is out an hour during daylight saving months?

The aim of the therapy is to measure sleep incidents rather than the time you went to bed.

It matters in some cases. Let's say you woke up, all panicky and sweaty. You glance at the clock and see the time. Later you look at the data to confirm if it was an event or just a bad dream. You'd have to remember if the time was right or not. Hour up or down?

For me, setting the clock on the machine also prevents me from dealing with the "day starts at noon" thing. I often sleep until 10:30 or 11. Yes, SH can fix it but it can hiccup sometimes. And then the screen is all wonky.

It's just easier to set the clock twice a year and be done with it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2014, 03:14 PM)zonk Wrote: Welcome to apnea board, cmadon

You need to erase the data before the machine can accept the changes, you might want to download SD card data first

From the A10 clinical manual:

Set the current date.
If you set a new date that occurs in the past then an error message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data available under the Configuration menu.

Set the current time.
If you set a new time that occurs in the past then an error message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data available under the Configuration menu.

I realize this thread started and ended (sort of) a while ago but I, too, was just trying to find out how to change the time. When I got my machine, I used it for 3 nights before checking out all the settings. When I did check, I found the date was right but the time had been set for a different time zone, 3 hours ahead of my time.

Regardless of what the manual says you do not have to erase any data IF you turn the clock back after 12:00 noon. I got an error message when trying to turn it back before noon but had read in another thread that it could be done after noon so, after noon, I tried again and it worked!

The date was already set properly but I tried to turn it back, too, just to see if I could. Didn't work. I still got the error message.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rather than erasing any data, could you just insert a blank SD card, set the date and time properly, then reinsert the original SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope. At least not before noon. Just tried it as I got a replacement yesterday and failed to note the time/date settings. When trying to change it I got the error message referred to above.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 521 22 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,869 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,646 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.