Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10
RE: Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10
(11-10-2014, 11:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It matters in some cases. Let's say you woke up, all panicky and sweaty. You glance at the clock and see the time. Later you look at the data to confirm if it was an event or just a bad dream. You'd have to remember if the time was right or not. Hour up or down?
Another reason to have the time properly set, is to be able to synchronize the CPAP data with Oximetry data when using SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2015, 10:50 AM)sonicboom Wrote: Nope. At least not before noon. Just tried it as I got a replacement yesterday and failed to note the time/date settings. When trying to change it I got the error message referred to above.

I came across this thread when trying to set my AirSense 10 back to the Standard Time (from Daylight Saving Time). As PaulaO2 mentioned in post #4 above, this can be done only after the machine has been off for at least one hour. I did not need to wait until noon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 09:25 AM)dcchan2 Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 10:50 AM)sonicboom Wrote: Nope. At least not before noon. Just tried it as I got a replacement yesterday and failed to note the time/date settings. When trying to change it I got the error message referred to above.

I came across this thread when trying to set my AirSense 10 back to the Standard Time (from Daylight Saving Time). As PaulaO2 mentioned in post #4 above, this can be done only after the machine has been off for at least one hour. I did not need to wait until noon.

I found the same to be true this AM as well.

Thumbs-up-2
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(never mind)

tried to delete my own post because I now think I had bogus info in it, but delete button resulted in permission denied, so I am editing it out instead.

I apologize to thread subscribers for the false notifications and other nonsense created by a non-post.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Just had to fine this thread as Australia has just ended daylight savings time.
Followed advice and erased data and turned time back one hour. Didn't have to wait a hour to change from 0823 to 0723. Resmed must have changed it.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Airsense 10 Autoset was set to the wrong time and date, and I want to correct it so that SleepyHead is synchronized. But I'm getting the error message saying I can't change the date to the past.

We're told we have to "erase the data." Exactly what data, i.e. what files and directories should be erased from the SD card to enable changing the time and date?

Let's say that I backup the SD card. Once I erase the data and change the time/date, can I copy all the saved data back to the SD card?

What if some of the sleep data is, from the machine's standpoint, in the future? Will it be overwritten?

Thanks.

--aenpa
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just about ready to ask this very same question.

Thanks for the answers. Knowing a little about databases, it makes sense that you could set the time(date) forward and not backwards. Databases need to be initialized and once initialized do not like changes, especially when that time frame is already counted in the database. It also makes sense that the time could be set back after noon when the old database is closed and before a new database is initialized. You would have to wait until after 1:01 to set the time to 12:01. I just set mine ahead for daylight savings time and will let you know how this works this fall when we fall back to regular time.

I bet you could do this to the date too but you would have to skip an entire day without therapy such that there would be no data on the day you changed back to. I am sure it would be better to not skip therapy.

CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi aenpa
My understanding, once machine data erased, all data on the machine and SD card (if card was left in the machine) get erased except machine run hours
My advice, remove the SD card before erasing the data and download the data from the SD card using either or both ResScan (windows only) and SleepyHead (windows and Mac) software, here is the link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

After setting the correct time and date, you can put a new card in the machine or the same card after downloading the data on your computer so you have a record of the data and a proof of compliance using the machine as erasing the data wipe the data on the machine and SD card clean

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2016, 05:24 PM)zonk Wrote: My advice, remove the SD card before erasing the data and download the data from the SD card using either or both ResScan (windows only) and SleepyHead (windows and Mac) software, ...

I am new. Thanks for hint of a couple of software to read the sleeping data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2016, 09:26 PM)xstar Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 05:24 PM)zonk Wrote: My advice, remove the SD card before erasing the data and download the data from the SD card using either or both ResScan (windows only) and SleepyHead (windows and Mac) software, ...

I am new. Thanks for hint of a couple of software to read the sleeping data.
Hi xstar and welcome
I haven't followed my own advice and lost a good deal of data, made me angry but cannot do a thing about it

Best of luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 1 3 minutes ago
Last Post: Tman1966
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 438 44 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,807 4 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,433 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.