Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting time on DS Auto.
Setting time on DS Auto.
Just got a new DS Auto. How do you set the time on it? It looks like you can only change it in 30 minute intervals for time zone adjustment. I've got the user and clinician manuals.

The user manual states: Time: Allows you to adjust the time. The default setting is Greenwich Mean Time, but you may adjust the time in 30 minute increments to match your local time zone. Note: This time setting is not displayed as a clock function on the device. It is only used to align your therapy data for your Provider’s data reports.

Ideas anyone?
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting time on DS Auto.
If you're referring to the DreamStation by Respironics, it may follow their previous design philosophy and set it to UTC at the factory. As far as I know there isn't any adjustment.

You can enter a time offset in SH.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2016, 03:23 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: Just got a new DS Auto. How do you set the time on it? It looks like you can only change it in 30 minute intervals for time zone adjustment.

only a factory depot with appropriate interface hardware and the right software can set the time.

they now allow you, as you noticed, to set a timezone offset, but the clock is factory set to GMT, and drifts from there.

bonus points if you know why it's in 30 minute increments. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Since SH handles it I'm good.

I'm guessing the 30 minute increment is for the TZ's that use an offset that is a multiple of 30 minutes rather than 60 minutes.

I'm guessing the depot setup can do drift correction in firmware parameters.

I'm guessing I'm guessing ...
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2016, 03:45 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: Thanks. Since SH handles it I'm good.

I'm guessing the 30 minute increment is for the TZ's that use an offset that is a multiple of 30 minutes rather than 60 minutes.

I'm guessing the depot setup can do drift correction in firmware parameters.

I'm guessing I'm guessing ...

there was a guy on another forum that had the equipment as part of some of his business... this was for the system one machines, mind you... he posted some pics, there was a module that plugged into the back of the cpap (where the modem, etc goes) and then hooked up to a computer, running some diagnostic software, and I believe there was just a checkbox that said "set the time" or something. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 15 1 hour ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,435 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 153 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.