Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting up BIPAP at home. Can it be done?
Setting up BIPAP at home. Can it be done?
Hi all! 
My husband just ordered himself a ResMed Aircurve 10 and it came today. He had the sleep study and sleep apnea diagnosis almost a year ago but has finally decided to take the plunge. 
My question is: can this be set up at home without any help or need for a doctor? We just moved to a different state and he doesn’t want to deal with going to an appointment and wants to just set it up at home on his own. Is this possible? Any issues with this? How would we even do this? Do we need to adjust the pressure according to what was on his handout or since it’s the auto one will the machine self adjust on its own? I believe he thinks this is how it works and I just want to make sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting up BIPAP at home. Can it be done?
Welcome to the forum.
You are in the right place.
First get a SD card, any brand, 2 to 32GB, not bigger. 4GB holds years of data

If used, via menu.
Erase all data
Factory reset , these 2 steps are to put all settings in a known setting

Mode VAuto
Min EPAP =4
Max IPAP =20
PS=4
If you were given specific settings feel free to start with those.
Expect to need to adjust further. It is a myth that auto settings automatically optimize therapy.

After 1 night take screenshot with OSCAR and attach to this thread, see the organize link in my signature.
The team here will read the charts and advise you in what to change. Collectively we are very good at it.

Get the setup manual for your machine via the CPAP Setup manuals link in the black banner above. It's a manual process but you will get it. This manual does not come with your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome and ditto what bonjour said. We will help get therapy going well with the data requested.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The most wonderful members here are helping me do exactly what you are asking. I have a new to me bi-level machine. They have been extremely helpful to me. They will guide you every step of the way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 94 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,911 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 251 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.