Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse Oximeter to Go with ResMed AirSense 10
Pulse Oximeter to Go with ResMed AirSense 10
Can anyone recommend a oximeter to track oxygen levels while sleeping that will be compatible with my ResMed machine and OSCAR.

I have COPD and want to start keeping track of my levels while sleeping.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulse Oximeter to Go with ResMed AirSense 10
I too have COPD and use my Apple Watch 6 , it tracks it about every half hour At night. My pulmonologist recommended the Wellvue system, which is on Amazon and other sites, just search for it.
Glen in Ft Lauderdale

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I was looking at the Wellue system too. It looks like it’s just about what I want.

Sadly I bought our iWatches just last year and they are Series 5. Of course a day late and a dollar short. Who knew the new ones would have O2 sensors  Huh

Post Reply Post Reply
I own a cms 50f and it works well with OSCAR. price about 100 Amazon 80 eBay
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2020, 05:03 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I own a cms 50f and it works well with OSCAR. price about 100 Amazon 80 eBay

Is this a wrist style oximeter? 
If so, is it comfortable and non-intrusive?

Edit: I just found it on Amazon for $93 and I see it is a wrist style. I would think this would be easier to deal with while sleeping as opposed to the finger style.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes wrist watch style. The finger prob they use is large, I use it on my thumb. Like I said it works well and download to software and OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2020, 05:23 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Yes wrist watch style. The finger prob they use is large, I use it on my thumb. Like I said it works well and download to software and OSCAR.

Great. Thanks, Stacey.

Post Reply Post Reply
The Contec CMS50F and the Wellue (both Ring and SleepU) seem to be the most popular here.

The Wellue SleepU and the CMS50F are both watch style that use an external sensor you have to wear on your finger.  The CMS50F has a "duckbill" sensor that is a little big, but comfortable.  The SleepU sensor is much smaller but still needs to be placed on one of your fingers.

The Contec needs to use the supplied cable to import the data into OSCAR, and it only stores one session at a time.  There is other software for it but is Windows only.

The SleepU is  Bluetooth and needs to use its software to get the data off the unit.  OSCAR can then import the file.  The software is available for Mac and Windows. SleepU can store 4 nights of data.

I have both the SleepU and the CMS50F and I am still deciding which one I like better.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, good information. 
Thanks, Jeff.

So most of them have the finger sensor that communicates with another device like the watch, or mobile device. 

I was hoping that the interface would be a watch type.

Post Reply Post Reply
Warranty for both the CMS50F and the Wellue units are 1 year. My CMS50F lasted 4.5 years. The display is so dim now that it is unusable. The display faded with time. Battery is still good. In use, the CMS50F was fine. Does not appear the CMS50F design has changed. Unknown how long the Wellue units will last, but appear reasonably made. Good luck with your choice. I am deciding myself what to get as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,710 11 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,208 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,586 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 88 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.