Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting up Craigslist ASV?
RE: Setting up Craigslist ASV?
I think the advanced view might be helpful to see variation in your minute vent ad respiration rate that may contribute to hypopnea. A zoomed view  showing 2-3 minutes of flow rate during the events might also reveal more information. Your APAP therapy included CA and that seems to be replaced with H now on ASV.

Referring back to my post 7, the protocol calls for an increase in EPAP min 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]You
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK first to answer questions: I think there are expected differences in how therapy will be overall as these are 2 vastly different machines.

I think what needs done for Hypopnea is an EPAP Min bump up by a whole step up to 7. ResMed's have pressure settings in 0.2 cmH2O increments so a fractional bump is there as an option, I'd consider an EPAP Min bump tonight and view results tomorrow. It may be repeatable if events warrant it to get pressure bumped up enough to tame the Hypopnea. And I think FL will get tamed then as well. With activity on the FL chart and the Hypopnea, I think a bump is going to improve these areas.

A comment on aerophagia: historically it has been an issue of some sort or you'd not have mentioned it. I'm thinking we can drop your Max numbers down if needed to avoid aerophagia.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
One more tidbit of info. My SO stated that I slept horribly last night and that during the first half of the night I was making a lot of noise, adjusting my mask and mouth breathing. It's funny, because the data suggests that maybe those things were happening in the second half of the night, but not at the beginning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay - Here is a close up look at the hypopnea cluster where there is no evident leak.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
And here is one where there is an evident leak.

Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding the aerophagia, it's something I maybe had the first week of my therapy last year, but it went away, and then again the first night with this new ASV. No aerophagia last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Hypopnoeas are you not taking a breath and the ASV trying to encourage you to take a breath by increasing its pressure support to the max 15 to make you breath but you still only took a partial breath not so it was flagged. Not sure you can do much they may reduce over time as you get used to what the ASV does and subconsciously take a breath then the ASV blows
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that did not go well. I only slept a few hours with my ASV because my SO woke me up about 35x because air was escaping from my mouth constantly and apparently I was making all kinds of weird noises. Lots of aerophagia too. You'd never know from the data though! (I finally just switched over to my Autoset for Her so my SO could get some sleep.)

I think the pressure is just waaaaay too high. It's possible that I simply will not be able to keep my mouth closed. I'm not sure that switching to a full face mask will help either. I've never been able to find one that didn't leak like mad. I'm a female with a super small head/face. Right now I'm using the small-sized Dreamwear nasal frame and I used a chin strap yesterday (those are hard for me too - they just slip off).

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated!

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you please show the Airsense 10 results for the remainder of the night? I mainly want to take a look back at your CPAP data to see what we're missing with ASV. As I recall, your AHI was not horrible with CPAP. I am wondering if we should take a shot at the low settings I suggested at the beginning of this thread based on your previous CPAP results before we saw the sleep study:

Quote:Assuming you don't need the control of central apnea, you seem to do fine with an EPAP min of 4.0 based on a minimum Autoset pressure of 6 and EPR 2. So here you go, but I think you will feel disrupted...
Mode ASVauto, EPAP min 4.0, EPAP max 12.0, PS min 2.0, PS max 7.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, for some bizarre reason, my Autoset for Her didn't record last night. I have no idea why? I've even tried creating a new profile to download the data into. So weird.

Anyway, here's a pretty typical night for me on the Autoset for Her (last week).

Just as a reminder, my AHI is pretty low on my Autoset, but I just am not feeling refreshed, wake up frequently with high anxiety and have some pretty severe middle of the night insomnia that can last between 30 minutes and 2 hours once I get my initial core sleep.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 133 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 275 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 154 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 521 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 257 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,486 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 939 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.