Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting up Craigslist ASV?
RE: Setting up Craigslist ASV?
(08-23-2020, 10:50 AM)IUsedToSnore Wrote: Just as a reminder, my AHI is pretty low on my Autoset, but I just am not feeling refreshed, wake up frequently with high anxiety and have some pretty severe middle of the night insomnia that can last between 30 minutes and 2 hours once I get my initial core sleep.

And those symptoms are only on the autoset (so far)?
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's try these alternative settings on your ASV:

Mode ASVauto, EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 8.0, PS min 2.0, PS max 8.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, not everyone needs the Max up at the top of the scale. Sleeprider has good numbers for you to try, and I'm sure it's headed the right way with these. If the CPAP didn't need over that 15-16 range, I think this could work out fine. Please follow-up on how these settings go.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had the middle of the night insomnia/anxious awakenings since childhood. I've had CBT-i several times with no success (pre-APAP). I would say that some of that subsided when I started APAP, but it's still pretty prevalent. I only used the ASV for a couple of nights. I didn't have as much anxiety at all or any long awakenings, but it was only two nights, so who knows!

I've done a tele-session with Dr. Barry Krakow about the anxiety/insomnia, and he's pretty sure that it's related to disordered breathing and that the APAP isn't cutting it for me, even though my AHI "looks good". I'm waiting for a sleep study at his former clinic in NM - might be months before I can get in there. I bought the ASV because it was SO cheap I couldn't pass it up and figure I'll just try it out while I'm waiting for the sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2020, 11:23 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Let's try these alternative settings on your ASV:

Mode ASVauto, EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 8.0, PS min 2.0, PS max 8.0.

IUsedToSnore: these settings will tighten the ranges over which the ASV will operate. The pressure swings, in other words, will be less dramatic than they are with the default settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
BETTER!!! WEEEEE!

I didn't get to sleep until late last night, and I had my classic "middle of the night awakening", but...my AHI was super low and I think I was mouth breathing much less! I woke up with dry mouth still. Maybe that will resolve now that the pressures are lower? Also, pretty bad sleep inertia this morning (I've been up for an hour and a half, and I still feel "drunk", but that could just be from getting an hour less sleep than I'm used to. 

It looks like the few issues I had were during higher pressures. Is there anything else we need to tweak?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Was the therapy comfortable? If it was, I'd think you can try this as is for a few days with no changes. You can post a standard view OSCAR with a "how you felt" report if you'd like as we get this dialed in. Perhaps it is already dialed in, but let's verify by seeing a trend to see how it's going.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This looks like the kind of therapy we were expecting. We hope that with time, it will also feel like the kind of therapy you were hoping for. I agree with Dave that it's not time for changes and keep this for a few days.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My findings are with a Phillips System One 950 and a 960 ASV when these machines go ape it is a failing sensor, I can get some 4000 hours before they start having these malfunctions, the people whom repair them say it is a KNOWN malfunction, and with the 950 and 960 a new mother board is called for.

WARNING Phillips are no longer supplying replacement mother boards for the 950 so we are SOL on them and I am told the 960 is slated to have the same problem.

If you are interested my more of my findings check my thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid363569

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Kind of off-topic; isn't it?

The OP doesn't have a Phillips, and their Resmed machine appears to be behaving as expected.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 154 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 383 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,003 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 514 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.