Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed s9 vpap s faliure
resmed s9 vpap s faliure
My father has COPD and has been using a Resmed S9 vpap s machine round the clock for 2 1/2 years.

The machine has done 22,500 hours and has recently started displaying the following message on the LCD, "motor life exceeded contact service provider."

The bipap machine is working well except for the above message.

Does the message indicate a fault indicating blower replacement of would a cleaning of the innards do?

We're unable to contact a service provider.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: resmed s9 vpap s faliure
It may just be a message that run hours have exceeded the design lifetime.
There are no replacement parts. A pressure check would be a good thing.

Ideally one would replace the machine at this point.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum marcus112! Glad you found us!

Hope you are able to figure out the best way to rectify the problem and that you can do it inexpensively. Keep us posted.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Marcus, you need to start sourcing a replacement device as soon as possible. I don't know your situation in Nepal, but the S9 VPAP S is still available here, but has been replaced by the Resmed Aircurve 10 S or Aircurve 10 Auto.

Both Resmed and Respironics use similar designations. In the Respironics line, you are looking for a BiPAP S or BiPAP Auto in either the System One 60 series or Dreamstation series. Either Resmed or Respironics will work equally well assuming your father's VPAP S is suitable.

If cost is a factor, Supplier #2 on our supplier list does ship internationally and have used, and new "open box" machines at discounted prices. You need either a fixed or auto bilevel machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been informed that the motor in the Resmed s9 has to be replaced. The replacement will cost approximately $250.

However, I've bought a new machine the Resmed Lumis 150 ST.

I'd emailed for the clinicians manual, in this website but received the Airsense 10 CPAP manual. Would be grateful for the proper manual, if anyone has access to it.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2016, 04:48 AM)marcus112 Wrote: I've been informed that the motor in the Resmed s9 has to be replaced. The replacement will cost approximately $250.

However, I've bought a new machine the Resmed Lumis 150 ST.

I'd emailed for the clinicians manual, in this website but received the Airsense 10 CPAP manual. Would be grateful for the proper manual, if anyone has access to it.

Thanks.

Follow the instructions "exactly" to get the correct manual.

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The exact name you need to include in the body of your email (subject line Setup Manual), is:
ResMed Air10 Lumis 150 VPAP ST

That should get you what you need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,106 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 299 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 626 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 613 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 481 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV vs VPAP ST stanleyjack 4 462 04-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How do i set these values on Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST fakeinternetmoney 7 1,214 08-28-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: fakeinternetmoney

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.