Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings
Settings
Respironics BiBPapautoSV Advanced with smartcard
Bpm 10
pres 30
epap 7
epap 7
ps 10
ps 0

that's all i see on my machine screen should both numbers be the same

I have mixed Apnea

thanks Clive
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Settings
Welcome to the forum
I don,t use your machine but you can get the clinical manual
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
Oh-jeezHi I use a full face mask because im a mouth breather ,my question is what makes my face sweata nd is the air suppose to come out warm?my pressure is 8,i can change the humidity i think the one that says 2.5 and you can move it up or down,what would you put it on? ive tried 2.5 and3.0 should i unplug it during the day so the water doesnt get warm?? hate that warm air blowing in my face while im tryng to sleep Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2012, 01:38 PM)pegster0323 Wrote: Oh-jeezHi I use a full face mask because im a mouth breather ,my question is what makes my face sweata nd is the air suppose to come out warm?my pressure is 8,i can change the humidity i think the one that says 2.5 and you can move it up or down,what would you put it on? ive tried 2.5 and3.0 should i unplug it during the day so the water doesnt get warm?? hate that warm air blowing in my face while im tryng to sleep Thanks
welcome to forum
What machine are you using?
Try a mask liner
Everyone is different. whatever you find comfortable, some need higher humidity, some less and some none
Masks are designed with vents holes to let exhaled air to escape and should be kept clear at all times
Mask leak is another thing, it could be the straps too tight, mask wrong size or not fitted correctly
You can unplug the machine but humidifier wont heat as long as machine switched off

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2012, 01:38 PM)pegster0323 Wrote: Oh-jeezHi I use a full face mask because im a mouth breather ,my question is what makes my face sweata nd is the air suppose to come out warm?my pressure is 8,i can change the humidity i think the one that says 2.5 and you can move it up or down,what would you put it on? ive tried 2.5 and3.0 should i unplug it during the day so the water doesnt get warm?? hate that warm air blowing in my face while im tryng to sleep Thanks

I'm sorry, but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what you are asking or saying.

You use a full face mask. It makes your face sweat. The air is warm. I think I got that part right. The air from the machine? Is your bedroom hot? Is there water in the humidifier's tank?

You think the pressure is 8. You think the humidity setting is 2.5. Your profile does not say what kind of machine you have. Look at the on/off button. Around it should be the name of the machine and/or the manufacturer. If that doesn't help, go to one of the online suppliers and look at the images. The 2.5 makes me think you have a Resmed S9 something. The humidifier is not on (heating the water) unless the machine is on (blowing air). It does not heat the water if the machine is merely plugged in. If it is humid where you live, you may not need the humidifier at all.

Also, in the future, you may want to create a new thread with your own issues unless the problem is exactly the same as someone else and you add to that thread. The use of punctuation and a spell checker is not necessary, but it helps.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2012, 04:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what you are asking or saying.

You use a full face mask. It makes your face sweat. The air is warm. I think I got that part right. The air from the machine? Is your bedroom hot? Is there water in the humidifier's tank?

You think the pressure is 8. You think the humidity setting is 2.5. Your profile does not say what kind of machine you have. Look at the on/off button. Around it should be the name of the machine and/or the manufacturer. If that doesn't help, go to one of the online suppliers and look at the images. The 2.5 makes me think you have a Resmed S9 something. The humidifier is not on (heating the water) unless the machine is on (blowing air). It does not heat the water if the machine is merely plugged in. If it is humid where you live, you may not need the humidifier at all.

Also, in the future, you may want to create a new thread with your own issues unless the problem is exactly the same as someone else and you add to that thread. The use of punctuation and a spell checker is not necessary, but it helps.

Breathe deeply and count to zen.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2012, 06:39 PM)pegster0323 Wrote: Breathe deeply and count to zen.
[Image: easy_meditation_techniques.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2012, 06:39 PM)pegster0323 Wrote: Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Trust me. I do that a lot.

Did anything either of us say help any, since that is why you are here?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Welcome, Peg.

We need to know your CPAP machine type. Does it say "REMstar, Philips, ResMed" or something similar on the top? Tell us if it has any other writing on the top near the display. Where does the hose come out of the machine?

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 3,663 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,117 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,758 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.