Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings I Should Tweak?
Settings I Should Tweak?
    Hi. I am new to this forum. I started cpap therapy September 4 2020.  I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea in April and finally got the machine at the beginning of September. So far I have adapted well to the therapy ( I think) I am pretty comfortable wearing it. Dreamwear Nasal Mask with a ResMed Air sense 10 Autoset. When the machine was brought to me it was set up as a standard cpap machine with the start pressure set at 4.0 and the set pressure at 8.0. As I have done research on the machine I learned how to access the clinical menu and changed the machine to auto. I have my start pressure set at 7.0 and let the machine auto adjust itself. I have attached a screenshot of Oscar and was wondering what some of the pros out there thought about my setting and if I should "tweak" some settings? I appreciate all of your help and suggestions. I do sleep pretty good through the night. Usually have to get up to go to the bathroom around 2-3 times through the night. I just disconnect the hose and leave the machine running then reconnect my hose. I do use MyAir to monitor myself and am getting used to interpreting OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Settings I Should Tweak?
Welcome to Apnea Board.

There's not a lot of cleanup needed, assuming this is typical for you. I would suggest turning off the Ramp; it's at 45 minutes and only drops 1 (therapy of 7 to Ramp of 6) cmH2O according to what I saw in OSCAR. Ramp didn't get in the way as far as I could see in this instance, but it may in the future. Ramp locks down the therapy to whatever pressure Ramp is set to, so it can handcuff the ability for the PAP to go up to combat an event if it happens during the duration of Ramp time.

OK now the other half of the data. How did you feel during and after therapy? This question/answer is what should control your therapy, with numbers and charts showing very good on that side.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on the great results. I agree with Dave. No need to change anything except perhaps elimination of ramp.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the advice. I will turn off the ramp. It’s probably a little early for me to tell but I don’t feel the need to take a nap in the afternoon as much. Before I started therapy I could usually always nap. I also feel a little more awake when I do get up for work. I sleep good right until my alarm goes off. I’m groggy when I first get up but feel slightly more energized perhaps.  It’s only been a month and a half since I have started therapy but I am really encouraged so far. I made up my mind that I was going to do this and get used to the cpap therapy no matter what. What my doctor told me spooked me a little. (What untreated apnea can do to your health) I’m a pretty thin guy and never believed that I could have sleep apnea till my wife recorded my horrible snoring at night. It’s been quite an educational experience and am glad she talked me into doing a sleep study. Incidentally I have talked some of my fellow coworkers into getting sleep studies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Antistan, Welcome to Apnea Board!
I can't add much to what others have already said.

Your chart looks great, and I think in time the bathroom breaks should settle down too.

You are off to a great start.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK good to hear the feedback. It sounds positive so far. Keep at it and keep posting charts and any question that comes up.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 257 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirSense 11 settings to tweak to reduce central apneas? jsam 30 3,699 02-16-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: jsam
Question Newbie seeking CPAP tweak suggestions crazednut 2 537 01-20-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  Pretty Dialled in but minor tweak help please gcritchley 14 1,650 02-20-2020, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Central & Obstructive - AHI always around 10 with ASV. Tweak Settings? My3rd3y3 9 1,672 01-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.