Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings for aircurve 10 vauto to fight aerophagia ?
RE: Settings for aircurve 10 vauto to fight aerophagia ?
(01-29-2019, 10:48 PM)bonjour Wrote: Honestly I would set EPAP Min to 4
PS to 3 (Based on what I saw in your charts)
IPAP Max to 12 

Then adjust on night 2.  I suspect that IPAP max will be set lower than that.

Fred

ok, and if i still have awakenings(fragmented sleep) increase the PS ? the EPAP? both in the same time 1 cm each ? based on my graphs, i have low AHI anytime i had IPAP above 7.6 and EPAP above 4.6 but i still had fragmented sleep ( assuming bc of RERA's), also based on graphs when IPAP was 8 to 10 my median pressure was around 8.5(IPAP) and EPAP 5.5 median.
So it did not even reach 10, but i was still having fragmented sleep so i keep thinking i need mpre IPAP pressure to fight these RERA's , (EVEN THOUGH THE MACHINE DOES NOT WANT TO GO ABOVE an AVERAGE OF 8.5 IPAP) am i right ? is that the reason i am having fragmented sleep ? i tried all other variables and i can not find anything else other than my flow limit is making my body wake up in REM cycles. 
The problem i DID NOT try higher IPAP pressure to see if that will resolve fragmented sleep, is i started to wake up because of swallowing air instead whenever i went over IPAP above 9 , that increased gradually with increasing pressure. that is why i got the Aircurve to see if i can increase IPAP without aerophagia...
You look and see where the events are and adjust from there.  I wouldn't be surprised if IPAP Max is reduced first.
The tag team of Tom and Fred works so much better than going it alone. I am really glad you stepped in and clarified things where I was struggling.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(01-30-2019, 09:20 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The tag team of Tom and Fred works so much better than going it alone.  I am really glad you stepped in and clarified things where I was struggling.

(01-29-2019, 11:20 PM)bonjour Wrote: You look and see where the events are and adjust from there.  I wouldn't be surprised if IPAP Max is reduced first.

thanks both, so i followed the advice last night, i set epap to 5(based on my cpap history looks like less than 5 i get OA), i set PS at 4, and max IPAP to 13.
i woke up almost every 2 hours still, i only resetted the machine twice to mark the wake ups, but there was another 2 awakenings that i did not mark. felling drowsy today like almost every day, the machine self titrating shows median of 9.12, there is few CAs . i did not have almost no aerophagia which was an improvement over the cpap with EPR 3.

So what do you advice i do now? what settings do i change ?  

[Image: aROLzkc.png]
[Image: ltrI11d.png]
[Image: LNiVcuT.png]
OK, now let's respond to what you did last night, lessen what you did
let's try
EPAP Min to 4
PS to 3
IPAP Max to 12 
(01-30-2019, 02:58 PM)bonjour Wrote: OK, now let's respond to what you did last night, lessen what you did
let's try
EPAP Min to 4
PS to 3
IPAP Max to 12 
ok, i was going to try EPAP 5.5 and PS 4, IPAP max 13 to increase the support pressure. (9.5 to 13)

but you are advising to to have pressure (7 to 12 ) with EPAP of 4 ( i had OA with EPAP less then 5 in my graphs )

correct? i just want to confirm you still think those numbers are better.
You had more Central than Obstructive and at that not enough to worry about.
I want to stop as many disturbances as possible, as that is more important than minimizing Apnea right now.
(01-30-2019, 03:37 PM)bonjour Wrote: You had more Central than Obstructive and at that not enough to worry about.
I want to stop as many disturbances as possible, as that is more important than minimizing Apnea right now.

thanks for the explanation, but how about the fragmented sleep ? that is my MAIN problem not apnea, not hypopnia not CAs, i just can't stay asleep for 7-8 hrs.
Currently I am most interested in managing your aerophagia as that can be most disturbing.  As you noted your apnea is really well managed.

Here is an article on Aerophagia 
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Aerophagia

Tomorrow I would like you to determine which night was better.  Then we will look at it and move from there.
(01-30-2019, 03:57 PM)bonjour Wrote: Currently I am most interested in managing your aerophagia as that can be most disturbing.  As you noted your apnea is really well managed.

Here is an article on Aerophagia 
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Aerophagia

Tomorrow I would like you to determine which night was better.  Then we will look at it and move from there.

i looked in my cpap graphs and i have tried many nights a IPAP between 7.4 to 9. you can see i have very little events, but i still have fragmented sleep. 
My aerophagia last night was almost not present, but still fragmented sleep.

here is the screenshots for those nights with close pressure to what you suggested :
[Image: Rx2baIM.png]

[Image: 4ylknoD.png]

[Image: jfxE8cK.png]

[Image: lZKmZ6e.png]

[Image: 0oSwvF8.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 601 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 553 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 461 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.