Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings for aircurve 10 vauto to fight aerophagia ?
RE: Settings for aircurve 10 vauto to fight aerophagia ?
Those charts are significantly different than last night
OK I will jump a couple of steps
try this
EPAP Min to 4
PS to 3
IPAP Max to 7
(01-30-2019, 04:41 PM)bonjour Wrote: Those charts are significantly different than last night
OK I will jump a couple of steps
try this
EPAP Min to 4
PS to 3
IPAP Max to 7

Smile i also tried straight CPAP mode for these numbers (7, 7.4, 7.6 and 8 )as i said no aerophagia at these numbers, low events, still awakenings. 
I really think my disturbed sleep is because not enough IPAP pressure to keep flow 100% open. that is why i wanted to try IPAP 9.6 to 12 .

Here are the screenshots :

[Image: 90g7Uxz.png]

[Image: ejiXsDy.png]

[Image: bNEJs34.png]

[Image: xCXr8kn.png]
also, i tried zomming on last night's air flow, doesn't it mean that i'm struggling to inhale sometimes from the curve ?

[Image: NEXXraJ.png]
(01-30-2019, 05:14 PM)koy23 Wrote: also, i tried zomming on last night's air flow, doesn't it mean that i'm struggling to inhale sometimes from the curve ?

Show me another 2 minute segment from around 4 am similar to above.   In this segment only 1 event qualifies as a 10 second event but you have about 45 seconds on not breathing in a 2 minute segment.  These all appear to be central with no recovery breath.  Over time these add up.  I suspect this sequence may have a much longer length.  Let's see if tonights session does something similar.

Here you are not struggling, you are not having flow limits here, these are normal breaths, with mini, unrecognized Central events interspersed in between.  
There are 2 fixes of which the best fix is to minimize pressure and then decrease pressure variation.  I'm not sure the other fix will work at all but that is to use an ASV machine which will fill your stomach with frequent bursts of high differential pressure (by CPAP standards) air thus severely aggravating your Areophagia.

After tonight we will likely work on eliminating Pressure Support or at least minimizing it.
(01-30-2019, 06:44 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 05:14 PM)koy23 Wrote: also, i tried zomming on last night's air flow, doesn't it mean that i'm struggling to inhale sometimes from the curve ?

Show me another 2 minute segment from around 4 am similar to above.   In this segment only 1 event qualifies as a 10 second event but you have about 45 seconds on not breathing in a 2 minute segment.  These all appear to be central with no recovery breath.  Over time these add up.  I suspect this sequence may have a much longer length.  Let's see if tonights session does something similar.

Here you are not struggling, you are not having flow limits here, these are normal breaths, with mini, unrecognized Central events interspersed in between.  
There are 2 fixes of which the best fix is to minimize pressure and then decrease pressure variation.  I'm not sure the other fix will work at all but that is to use an ASV machine which will fill your stomach with frequent bursts of high differential pressure (by CPAP standards) air thus severely aggravating your Areophagia.

After tonight we will likely work on eliminating Pressure Support or at least minimizing it.

i see, but am i waking up because of those CAs ? in the cpap graphs, i have less CAs but i still woke up. so i'm confused.
here is all my SD card for the cpap machine, after jan 18 i started sleeping on my side : 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19sS3NE...54leBJJqC0

tell me if that helps . 

P.S: these are my sleep study results if they can shine any lights :
Total number of awekening > 2 epochs : 44.0
Sleep latency: 60.5mn
N1: 12.4 %
N2: 72.6%
N3: 10.1%
REM: 4.8%
Stage shifts: 191.0
REM Latency: 146.0 mns

22.8 Arousals/HR
0.0 arousals/hr were PLNs related
12.9 arousals/hr : apnea/hypopnea
6.5 RERA/hr
3.4 arousals/hr spontaneous

Sleep continuity : 2.6 mns.
Delayed REM onset.

Sleep quality: avergae moderately restless
Apnea and hypopnea index(REM and NREM) : 16.8/hr
apnea and hypopnea index (REM) : 42.6/hr
apnea and hypopnea index (supine) : 17.6/hr
RDI (REM and NREM) : 23.3/hr
baseline O2 saturation : 95.4 %
lowest O2 saturation : 88%
number of O2 desaturation : 20.0
duration of O2 saturation less than 90% : 0.4
thank you
I do know that a series of events such as this can disturb your sleep. A CPAP machine does not monitor brain waves and neither it nor I can know when you are asleep. Sometimes the flow rate chart has obvious clues, yours does not. The direction you wish to take will without question increase the number of arousals that you will have. By eliminating the arousals that you are creating unintentional actions we would be left with the ones that are bothering you. This may be them, or at least part of them.
(01-30-2019, 07:47 PM)bonjour Wrote: I do know that a series of events such as this can disturb your sleep. A CPAP machine does not monitor brain waves and neither it nor I can know when you are asleep.  Sometimes the flow rate chart has obvious clues, yours does not.  The direction you wish to take will without question increase the number of arousals that you will have.  By eliminating the arousals that you are creating unintentional actions we would be left with the ones that are bothering you.   This may be them, or at least part of them.

i know it's really frustrating. Considering i already tried fixed CPAP pressure of (7, 7.6, 8) with EPAP of (4, 4.6, 5) respectively, what settings do you recommend i try tonight ?
define awakenings?

what to run tonight? What I suggested for last night then for tonight. But you haven't tried what was recommended anyway so set them to whatever you want to.
(01-30-2019, 10:06 PM)bonjour Wrote: define awakenings?

what to run tonight?  What I suggested for last night then for tonight.  But you haven't tried what was recommended anyway so set them to whatever you want to.

Awakening is my eyes just open while I was dreaming. Not gasping for air nothing, just opened eyes. 
Then I go back to sleep, usually right away, then I wake up again while I dream. 
The interval is usually 1.5 hrs, to 2 hrs.
In good days i can stay asleep at the first half of the night for the first 4 hrs straight, then each 1.5 hrs-2 hrs.

Ok I'll try and post results tomorrow

Thanks ?
(01-30-2019, 10:06 PM)bonjour Wrote: define awakenings?

what to run tonight?  What I suggested for last night then for tonight.  But you haven't tried what was recommended anyway so set them to whatever you want to.

so last night i tried to pump the pressure a bit, just to get it out of my chest(Smile), used EPAP 5.6, PS : 4.4 and IPAP max 12.6
the graphs are really bad, but i only woke up 3 times in 7 hrs, which was better than the night before ( around 5 times) . i slept another 2 hours without the mask just because by the 7th hours i was waking up because of the aerophagia. i feel little more refreshed than last night but have higher AHI and more aerophagia then night before.

[Image: iqpPQmG.png]

[Image: fM0mxJv.png]

[Image: UoVNNvv.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 614 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 578 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.