Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings for aircurve 10 vauto to fight aerophagia ?
RE: Settings for aircurve 10 vauto to fight aerophagia ?
Great, what are you going to try tonight?
(01-31-2019, 01:19 PM)bonjour Wrote: Great, what are you going to try tonight?

I'll go one level up and see if:
1- the awakenings are less.
2- aerophagia is manageable.

I also had changed the trigger and cycle to high, but after reading the titration handbook by resmed, I'm setting them back to medium, and ti max to 1.4 considering my b/mn was around 23.

If it's worse tonight , I'll go back to same levels I tried last night and try them for 3 or 4 consecutive nights to see if the awakenings are stable or it was a coincidence.
If they are not stable and it's coincidence, I'll lower back the IPAP again and see if any difference, if I'm still waking up, then I will declare defeat as I have no idea what else to do.
good luck.
(01-31-2019, 01:33 PM)koy23 Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 01:19 PM)bonjour Wrote: Great, what are you going to try tonight?

I'll go one level up and see if:
1- the awakenings are less.
2- aerophagia is manageable.

I also had changed the trigger and cycle to high, but after reading the titration handbook by resmed, I'm setting them back to medium, and ti max to 1.4 considering my b/mn was around 23.

What is your rise time? I wouldn't suggest it too quick for you.
You may find that the aero settles down as you continue bpap. you may be able to fine tune for treatment later.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
(01-29-2019, 09:47 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you want to jump in and try high PS, go for it. If your sleep is disturbed, you can back off. I'm trying to give you a disciplined and conventional approach to titration that will identify the pressure that are effective and comfortable.  It might take a couple more nights to get there, but you will arrive.  I have no idea what kind of events you experience or why you have moved to bilevel other than aerophagia.  

Maybe you can tell me what higher pressure support is expected to accomplish?  You said:
"So I was using the machine with min pressure of 8 max of 10 and epr 3. But still not enough pressure and swallowing air."
Not enough pressure for what?
If you can't tolerate higher EPAP then fixed pressure (S-mode) may be your friend. This lets you set the IPAP and EPAP pressures and they will not change through the night.  You can set EPAP at 4 and select an IPAP pressure like 9.6 and see how that works out.  Keep in mind, pressure support does not prevent OA events. It reduces flow limits and hypopnea. OA is controlled by the EPAP pressure.

Sleeprider could you take a look ? i also uploaded all my SD card info if you want to look at it, pretty much i tried low pressure on the APAP ( IPAP 6, 7, 8) with EPAP (3,4,5) i get low AHIs, but i still have fragmented sleep.

i wrote another post asking same question : http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-Insomnia

I just need to know why am i still having fragmented sleep? ( i called them awakenings) because of flow limitation or insomnia developed in the 5 months of apnea ?
if it is because of RERAs, why am i getting low AHIs ? and the machine is not self titrating them ? how do i know from all these graphs that it's RERAs ? do i need higher pressure or not ? (even the machine is not going higher  ) or am i having an insomnia and i need to maybe look into CBT-i therapy ? 

that's all, thank you
good night
I'm pretty sure dial-winging is working for you. Not much I can add here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(02-01-2019, 08:42 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm pretty sure dial-winging is working for you. Not much I can add here.

I had to Google it to understand what you meant, and my answer is it is not. I'm still not able to stay asleep..
I'm willing to try what you suggest and be patient, i just ask that you consider these 2 things:
1- I have data for 30 days from resmed airsense 10, could you look at it first.
2- I only wake up while dreaming, it's not random, not because of apnea, while I dream. Is that related to my lab result which had a higher apnea/hr in REM ?

If considering these 2 factors, you think your suggestion can give a more restful sleep without the wake ups, I will try as many nights as it takes.
Please be patient as well.
Thank you .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 590 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,487 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 454 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.