Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings from when I used Sleepyhead
Settings from when I used Sleepyhead
I've managed to get my OSCAR data into a weird state where it is missing a lot of settings from when I first started using this particular data card. I was loading the data into Sleepyhead as I went, and so it has all of the settings.

Is there any way that I can get the data out of /Users/cathy/Documents/SleepyHeadData-Testing and get it into OSCAR? I couldn't find any instructions for transferring data over from Sleepyhead to OSCAR and so I loaded my card images in one by one.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Settings from when I used Sleepyhead
Perhaps check the directory structure under both software.

And maybe see if there is a data import process in OSCAR which could import it all if you tell it where to look?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you missed this step when originally installing OSCAR.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...yHead_data

You may have to uninstall OSCAR and start over. Not sure, so I'll let someone with more knowledge on that jump in.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are several ways to force OSCAR to start anew and offer the migration option.

1) Probably the easiest is to rename the OSCAR_Data directory to something else. Start OSCAR, it will ask you if you want to create OSCAR_Data. Respond 'yes'. OSCAR should then offer to migrate sleepyhead data.

2) Using a command prompt/terminal/or whatever your OS has for typing commands, navigate to the directory where OSCAR is installed. Type "oscar --datadir new_OSCAR_Data" and it will create a new directory and offer migration. Note the two hyphens before the word "datadir".

3) It is possible to muck with the Windows registry (or equivalent for your OS) to persuade OSCAR it doesn't know anything yet. I don't recommend this approach.

After migrating your data, then import from your SD card to bring in any data that is on the card that wasn't in SleepyHead.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2021, 07:08 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: There are several ways to force OSCAR to start anew and offer the migration option.

1) Probably the easiest is to rename the OSCAR_Data directory to something else. Start OSCAR, it will ask you if you want to create OSCAR_Data. Respond 'yes'. OSCAR should then offer to migrate sleepyhead data.

This worked like a charm!

I figured out another trick, too. I had a couple of ranges of days where I had the red warnings that it doesn't have settings info. I was able to fix this by purging the data from the FIRST day in the range and then loading the card image (from my stash of backups) that contains the days in question. (It's the STR.edf file on my ResMed. The created and modified dates tell you what days are in the file). OSCAR won't reload data if all of the individual days are marked as already loaded, but can be triggered to load the whole STR.edf if it needs it for a missing day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Copy settings and preferences when reinstalling Sleepyhead Otil 1 1,034 09-22-2018, 06:36 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  Help understanding SpO2 settings in sleepyhead MyronH 2 1,426 05-16-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Sleepyhead didn't see a settings change mjphyi 3 1,385 05-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleepyhead Spo2 settings GordK 2 1,414 04-16-2018, 12:09 PM
Last Post: GordK
  SleepyHead Locked Up - or settings? CZOscar 17 2,991 12-18-2017, 01:34 PM
Last Post: CZOscar
  Sleepyhead machine settings report contains errors John9991 3 1,441 05-29-2017, 03:01 PM
Last Post: John9991
  What does "settings" mean in Sleepyhead? novatom 19 5,507 10-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: RichardVT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.