Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings going from Dreamstation to ResMed
Settings going from Dreamstation to ResMed
Current Dreamstation settings - no ramp, 9 to 10.5 , flex 2.

Is there a rule of thumb for how to set up the ResMed 10 auto set based on those dream station settings?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Settings going from Dreamstation to ResMed
A guess
7-11, EPR=2 full time

For better advice, based on data, post your OSCAR daily charts
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is some older Oscar data. All I have on my phone. But been pretty consistent. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure

I would set the same minimum and maximum settings, but be prepared to lower the maximum if you have an aversion to higher pressures. Then looking at OSCAR data prepare to gently increase maximum as you acclimatise.

EPR/Flex

ResMed's EPR is measured in CM, Respironics Flex is more like a Low/Medium/High with high being about 2CM.

Having said that, I would still set EPR to the same as Flex, but be prepared to drop down a notch.

Response

ResMed's are considered by many to be more responsive. This translate to faster and potentialy greater pressure increases. Setting the response rate to Soft can give the ResMed a more similar feel to your DreamStation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2021, 06:29 PM)Gideon Wrote: A guess
7-11, EPR=2 full time

For better advice, based on data, post your OSCAR daily charts

Second this settings. 
Lower min pressure works well for me on Resmed after I switched from DS.

Some adjustments may be required afterwards but it’ll be good starting point.
Post Reply Post Reply
I needed more pressure at min when moving to the S10, I also can't handle the for her setting if it's the version with that setting..
Post Reply Post Reply
Use the same settings Gideon mentions but feel free to use the standard AutoSet mode instead of For Her. Shouldn't be much of an issue in choosing either mode with that setup.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was assuming standard AutoSet
Post Reply Post Reply
First night data with ResMed. Upped the starting pressure since it seems to low. Have ramp off but just noticed SmartStart is on - not sure what that is. Not a great nights sleep (work insanity) but AHI of .47. Anyone see anything glaring I should adjust?
Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Can't argue with success

How do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 74 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [Treatment] Oscar/ Dialing in Settings / ResMed 11 Jintyo76 2 320 01-10-2024, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Jintyo76
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 494 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 808 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 832 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,110 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 517 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.