Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mild Pulsing Effect on Exhale
Mild Pulsing Effect on Exhale
When I first put the mask on when I exhale I get pulses (of air?) at the end of the exhale. While it's mildly annoying, I wonder if it's an indication of a problem. If I soften my breathing then I can remove it.

I'm on an EPR of 2. Is this an EPR artefact and if so should I reduce it to 1. Would it also explain the sleep/wake junk results I get?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mild Pulsing Effect on Exhale
The S-9 does it. Feature, not bug.

I sometimes will do a controlled breathing routine where I will take a breath, hold it, then slowly exhale. It hated that and would do the puffing thing a lot trying to sense if this was an event. It was disturbing for me, the little jackhammer puffs.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
How long does this do this for? I have had my A10 do the same thing, but it is brief and stops shortly thereafter.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you change your breath pattern during an exhale, even very slightly, to an inhale the A10 will sense this and go into inhale mode. Try playing with your breathing to see if this is what you're experiencing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm trying to go into a relaxed breathing mode right from the start and from your responses this is not necessarily the right thing to do and the pulses (I like the jackhammer analogy) are telling me this. I'm a swimmer (and also coach) and am used to changing breathing patterns.

Tonight I'll just put the mask on and forget about how I'm breathing.

Thanks for the replies.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,872 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,060 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 494 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mild OSA, fractured sleep - looking for advice rozlt 1 334 01-01-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Frequent wakeups with mild OSA -- help me interpret OSCAR? mcrick 6 699 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: mcrick
  Resmed vibrates on exhale? webweaver 5 829 12-22-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mild Clear Airway - Advice CharlieNow 16 1,301 11-30-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CharlieNow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.