Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] To New Machine or Not to New Machine
RE: To New Machine or Not to New Machine
one thing that I have noted with an older PR system is that the flashair card did not work in the one my son started out with. It could have been really old stock --- if yours was made at a later date, YMMV. Maybe you would never consider the fun of setting up a flashair for getting your data over wifi instead of sneaker-netting the card - if that is the case, the older machine is likely to be a more durable design. having 2 good machines is also a nice notion.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider.

Just found out my insurance will only Rent to own the machine, not buy outright. So only one payment would be in this year where my deductable is paid, all the rest will be next year starting over.

My company just got bought, so layoffs are in the air for January as well, so who knows what my insurance may or may not be in January and beyond.

I think I will stay with the 560, and keep an eye out on craigslist for another one for backup.

Thanks for the input!

(12-14-2016, 04:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There are good reasons for having a backup machine. I bought a System One auto BiPAP 760 on Craigslist, then got better insurance that covered a new machine. I chose to get a Resmed Aircurve 10 vAuto. Basically the same decision you are facing. Nothing wrong with keeping your PRS1 Auto for a backup, and getting the Airsense 10 Autoset. I think you will like the more aggressive auto algorithm and exhale relief which offers a lot more flexibility than the Respironics. Regardless, you end up with both, and won't ever worry about a malfunction that could be very inconvenient without a backup.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Daria,

Had not thought about flashair, sounds interesting I will look into that. Smile

(12-14-2016, 05:11 PM)DariaVader Wrote: one thing that I have noted with an older PR system is that the flashair card did not work in the one my son started out with. It could have been really old stock --- if yours was made at a later date, YMMV. Maybe you would never consider the fun of setting up a flashair for getting your data over wifi instead of sneaker-netting the card - if that is the case, the older machine is likely to be a more durable design. having 2 good machines is also a nice notion.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 82 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Should I look for an ASV machine? Arik 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 93 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 296 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 619 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.