Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings to mimic natural breathing?
RE: Settings to mimic natural breathing?
Have you considered Narcolepsy?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
thought I'd replied earlier but don't see it. I've never seen what happens to our throats/airways but your throat remains open so it isn't obstructive. as mentioned above, it could be a common hypnic jerk. or, by your description it sounds like what happens to me when falling asleep without the machine and I don't initiate a breath (central apnea).
Post Reply Post Reply
You should definitely get a PES sleep study, I know Jerrald Simmons does them. With a history of reflux, weird spasms and very low AHI, you are the perfect candidate. Most your arousals are in REM and almost all limb movements are in REM. Your REM sleep is very fragmented which would explain your frustration with sleep quality.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] What is this breathing/mask/machine problem? peterporker 2 133 09-29-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: peterporker
  How to mimic "easy breath" on S mode Resmed aircurve 10? koy23 1 155 09-17-2022, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Question about Cheyne-Stoke breathing TheHu 42 1,363 09-16-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: ethereal
  Very Strange Breathing Pattern upsman 3 154 09-10-2022, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Take me to school on periodic breathing nearenough 10 463 09-10-2022, 01:01 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Can anything be done about my Periodic Breathing? DBBCPAP 7 275 09-09-2022, 08:26 PM
Last Post: DBBCPAP
  BIPAP machine stops blowing when I stop breathing Willec49 49 1,166 09-07-2022, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Willec49

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.