Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setup feedback
Setup feedback
I'm new to the CPAP world and I'm still finding my way.  In these days of Coronavirus, I'm planning to avoid the doctor's office and I wonder if anyone has some advice for me based on my attached chart.  I'm using OSCAR and working on adjusting the mask fit so it doesn't leak and the pressure range to lower AHI.  

Can anyone give me some recommendations?    
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setup feedback
I have attached stats and overview info

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sanne,
First, if you need a Clinicians Manual, order it here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Your machine is set to start at a minimum pressure of 4.  This is much too low for most, not to mention that your machine can't tackle apnea events in a timely manner.  Since your median pressure is around 8.5,  I suggest you move your minimum pressure up to 9cm and set your maximum pressure to 14.  Set your Flex to 2.

Watch for a couple days and see if that helps.

It also appears you may be tucking your chin to your chest when you sleep, and could benefit from using a soft cervical collar.

Also, turn the VS2 flag off as these are not really snores.  Leave the VS flag on.
When you repost a chart, please leave the calendar and pie chart off.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you need more info on soft cervical collars look here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

It was a game changer for me.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing to add but welcome to Apnea Board.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for this feedback.  I sent you a single day, which was not really very typical, but I included the statistics in a post above so you can see what I've been doing.  

Do you have any recommendations about how to minimize leaks in the face mask?  
I seem to have a lot of leaks when the pressure increases.  I have been experimenting at low pressures first and just in the last few days trying the auto trial mode, but the mask is giving problems by leaking at the higher pressures.
I agree about the issue of tucking my chin and will try a collar.

Can you please tell me how to shut off the VS2 flag and why is it a good idea?

Here is a picture of my data from yesterday, before I saw your comment in case it is helpful.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

Your leaks are pretty good. The graph is a little misleading. You'll notice there are two lines running across the screen. The top one that is sitting at about 25 is the machines standard accepted venting. All masks have a vent as standard. Then you will see a lower line. That is your unintentional leak and for the most part it is pretty good.

The top line is showing the allowed venting leak PLUS the unintentional mask leak.

I think it looks ok.

Sleep tight,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leak rate is low, and does't affect the machines ability to do its job one way or the other.  But....
Even small mask leaks can be annoying and can disrupt your sleep.  Have you read the Mask Primer?
See the link below in my signature line.

We usually recommend turning off the VS2.  The VS2 has never been determined to be actual snores.  Only VS are snores.  You can turn this off in Preferences by unchecking and also at the bottom left of graphs on the daily page, there is a drop down box.  You can turn off the flag for VS2 by clicking on the box to red/black.

Be sure to include the left side bar when posting charts.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 80 Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 530 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,674 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,938 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 349 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.