Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH 1.1 and OSCAR divide sleep sessions that go over noon.
RE: SleepyHead 1.1 and OSCAR divide sleep sessions that go over noon.
(09-05-2019, 08:32 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Why can't you set the CPAP's clock to noon the first time you go to sleep for each day?   That would only take about 30 seconds.

Because that's something to remember to do every day and there are many people with very bad memory problems along with needing pressure therapy. Why can't the option in Sleepyhead 1.0 be reinstated in OSCAR?

Hack hack hack every day is something that a lot of people won't remember to do regardless of how long you say it takes. Why not just fix the software to recognise adjacent sleep session like it did before? Goodness knows why it was removed anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
For those people who can't remember, put a Post-It note next to the start button.  If they can remember to start the machine, they can read the reminder.

Edit: I'm not saying that this feature wouldn't be nice, but until that day ever arrives, I'm offering a workaround.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No one questions that this isn't a problem.  As stated it has been discussed at length on OSCAR's development forum.  The long term solution has not been formulated yet but it might take an entire restructuring of the OSCAR internal structure.  We are not ready to tackle that one yet though it is extremely likely to occur sometime in the future.  This issue is being heavily looked at because we are in the process of rewriting the ResMed data loader and guess what came up?  This is an awesome and dedicated development team we have here at OSCAR and there is an absolute drive to fix issues in the code, many of which we inherited.  And we have a strong desire to add additional products to the mix.  So far it has only been one product, the DreamStation Go.
Post Reply Post Reply
I, for one, am also (among other sleep problems) a sufferer of very bad Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, and have to take strong medication when I go to sleep. Plus I'm always very tired anyway, just to try to keep my circadian rhythm in some kind of check. 

Setting up my sleep data recording systems (mainly for my PLMS), my CPAP machine and my SpO2 meter, plus the needed wake up time, is more than enough for me. Plus, if you set up the CPAP machine clock, you at least have to sync your SpO2 meter to it, not to mess up your (in my case still) SleepyHead 1.0 data. 

In my case setting the CPAP machine time off messes the whole system I use to monitor my sleep, since all my stuff needs to be in sync to make sense - and in real time. My doctors use my data, too, since it's the best available every night. (EEG data would be useful, but it takes a seasoned pro and a lot of time to analyze, so not possible.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 233 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 209 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  How to delete CPAP data in OSCAR before sleep and after waking? Apnealicious 30 4,591 09-29-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar File Export Sessions DanEm 32 2,010 09-07-2023, 01:32 AM
Last Post: DanEm
  Sessions are all off KStanLD 4 720 07-07-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: KStanLD
  Sleep HQ now can import Apple Watch sleep data JCW888 2 1,882 06-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
Question How to take OSCAR data to my sleep doctor? Pugsley13 8 1,239 05-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Pugsley13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.