Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setup new user issue...
Setup new user issue...
Hello

Just setting up OSCAR and had a couple of issues I can't seem to find an answer for:

I can't see how to set it so that my data will populate on the daily tab.  Based on the help page, all the detailed data that is located mid screen is absent.  

On the overview tab, when I click or drag even accidentally, the scale seems to become so large that i cant see the data without reloading it from the SD card.  Tried to reset axes and that wasn't the right thing to do.

Assistance much appreciated! Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setup new user issue...
(09-07-2019, 04:58 PM)italyhound Wrote: Hello

Just setting up OSCAR and had a couple of issues I can't seem to find an answer for:

I can't see how to set it so that my data will populate on the daily tab.  Based on the help page, all the detailed data that is located mid screen is absent.  

On the overview tab, when I click or drag even accidentally, the scale seems to become so large that i cant see the data without reloading it from the SD card.  Tried to reset axes and that wasn't the right thing to do.

Assistance much appreciated! Smile

At the bottom of the Overview page, just to the left of the date and to the right of the end range date, is a small button.  Click on it to refresh the Overview screen at the correct zoom ratio.

Not sure why you are not seeing data on the Daily page.  I suggest creating a new profile and importing from the SD card again.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you.

I created the new profile and re-imported ... with no success.  Sad

In case it helps, this is what is on my SD card that OSCAR imported.  Not sure if there are files in a folder it doesn't access automatically.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't help that your Mac is in 'dark mode.' You will be able to see better what is happening if you turn off dark mode on your machine. (In the next versiion, OSCAR will handle dark mode better.)

Go ahead and create profile and import again. The choose Help/Show debug pane. Copy the contents of the debug pane and attach them to your post. Maybe we can tell from that what is happening.

See the link below my signature about the best way to organize charts and how to post them. Please take a screen shot of the entire Daily page and post it
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you slept with the SD card in the machine ? Or was it a new SD card there will be no detailed or flow data only summary information if you have not slept a night with the SD card in your APAP
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2019, 12:49 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Have you slept with the SD card in the machine ? Or was it a new SD card there will be no detailed or flow data only summary information if you have not slept a night with the SD card in your APAP

THAT WAS THE TRICK

I didn't know that would be an issue, so I apologize for not elaborating that the SD Card setup was my initial setup with Oscar.   Oh-jeez

I can see all the data now.
Post Reply Post Reply
May I ask another setup question?

I bought the flashair card.  My Mac is too far away to capture the data files, so I used the app in order to save and email the files to the Mac to drop in my profile folder.

The first time I tried it, nothing was populated in oscar.

Which folders/files from the card do I need to import in order for Oscar to use it properly?  In my above post, you can see what file folders are available on the card.  

NB - I am using the app associated with the card - not FLASHPAP - but I can of course use it if its more compatible for oscar.

Thank you in advance once again.
Post Reply Post Reply
You want to copy the entire contents of the SD card. You should have a directory on your Mac dedicated to the CPAP's data card and will act as a mirror of the card. This directory is used for two purposes. One is to act as a data archive for data protection. The second is the source location that you use for data import into OSCAR.

I hope this will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you; that is very helpful.

Once the initial copy is done, do I want to copy ALL the folders and files each time I send an update to OSCAR or do I only need to update certain ones?  If I dont need to recopy static folders and files, I won't bother of course.

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You only need to copy new or changed files and folders. That is were FlashPAP really helps. It compares the files on the card to the ones in the computer's directory and copies only the ones missing or changed. If you are copying manually, it probably is easier to copy the complete card to the PC.

You might consider a WiFi repeater to allow the use of FlashPAP. Amazon has a 2.4ghz TP-Link for about $18
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 520 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Language setup magborges 5 1,275 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: leono85
  Issue: Oscar imported session partially alexroz 3 589 11-04-2023, 04:15 AM
Last Post: alexroz
  IBreeze import issue Gideon 4 630 10-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Issue scrolling left and right on a Mac McDonald 6 964 09-26-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: dhuck
  Small unicode and parse issue in 1.5.0 clan 0 408 09-24-2023, 03:13 AM
Last Post: clan
  Compile environment setup help robbob2112 3 694 08-09-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.