Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setup question switching from Dreamstation to AirCurve 10 VAuto
Setup question switching from Dreamstation to AirCurve 10 VAuto
Finally was able to financially switch over from the recalled Dreamstation to AirCurve 10 VAuto. It's ages late, but better late than never! ?

I began to set up the AirCurve (thankfully some of the settings like ipap and epap are the same) but I'm not sure what to input for some of the options. I just want to get as close as I can to the settings I have on the Dreamstation. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Terrified of getting an awful night's sleep from a new machine. ?

My Dreamstation settings
AutoB
Ipap: 14
Epap: 8
PS ⬇️: 2
PS ⬆️: 3

AirCurve settings
Mode: VAuto
Max Ipap: 14
Min Epap: 8
PS: ???
Ti Max: ???
Ti Min: ???
Trigger: ??? (currently says med)
Cycle: ??? (ditto)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setup question switching from Dreamstation to AirCurve 10 VAuto
With the Resmed you will have fixed pressure support. Given your previous settings, I will recommend Vauto mode, EPAP min 8.0, Max IPAP 14, PS 3.0, Ti Min Default 0.3, Ti Max 2.0 (we can adjust if you need more inspiration time), Trigger Med, Cycle Med. Adjustments to trigger and cycle will be targeted to your needs based on results. Most people do well with defaults, but if you have central events a higher trigger can be helpful because it takes less flow to trigger IPAP, and this can help to stimulate a spontaneous breath. I generally don't change cycle sensitivity unless you have some pulmonary issues that require us to slow or speed up the cycle (flow change to cycle from IPAP to EPAP). Post daily detail results after a night.

Your profile shows Sleepyhead, so if that's true, update to the current Oscar linked at the top of the page or update your User Profile for new equipment, settings and software here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to set the PS to 3, or 2.6 if you want to split hairs.  

Leave the Trigger and Cycle at the default of Medium for now.  If you experience CAs, you can adjust the Trigger to High or Very High.  These settings aid in reducing CAs by being more sensitive to breath direction changes.  Cycle is rarely changed.

The TiMax can be increased if you experience a pressure drop when you are still inhaling.  This controls the maximum length of time to maintain the IPAP pressure.  I based my setting on my 95% IPAP time in OSCAR.  Setting it longer than really needed doesn't hurt.  For me, I went to 3.4 seconds.

The TiMin is the minimum time before the VAuto can drop to the EPAP pressure.  Usually this never needs changing.

Good luck!  You have a fantastic machine.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both so much!

And whoops! I'll get on updating my profile info. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
My first night using my new machine was a little rocky, leaving me a bit drained today. It was a pretty restless sleep, it felt like I kept getting kicked out of deep sleep? It's like my dreams kept getting interrupted/restarted. Sad

I dumped the SD card's info into OSCAR, but I'm not versed enough in looking at the raw data to get a good idea of how to adjust my settings to better suit my needs.

I know going off of only one night's data isn't ideal, but if anyone out there has any advice to tweak my settings before tonight, it would be greatly appreciated! <3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You can set the Trigger setting to high. That may help with the ca's. If not, then the Pressure Support can be lowered a bit.

Only make one change at a time. Try the Trigger setting first.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, yeah that makes sense to try first! I'll adjust the trigger setting tonight and see how that goes.

Thank you for the response! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh wow! My AHI went down to 1.48!! On my last machine I consistently averaged around 3.5-5.5 AHI and I can feel a world of difference- that was honestly the best sleep I can ever recall having! Thank you again everyone!!  Big Grin

I didn't realize that I even had central apnea events because I've been in a position where I've had to fumble around managing my own sleep issues for years.

I feel like I'm getting greedy trying to see if I can get it even lower, but does anyone have any further suggestions for what to tweak next?

Current settings:
Mode: VAuto
Max Ipap: 14
Min Epap: 8
PS: 3.0
Ti Max: 2.7
Ti Min: 0.3
Trigger: High
Cycle: Med

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I would hold steady for a few days with current settings to see what the trend might be.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh! Yeah that makes sense. I'll wait til I have more data before checking back in.

Thanks OpalRose!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 73 8 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 112 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,671 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.