Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setup snag with ResMed AirSense 11
Question 
Setup snag with ResMed AirSense 11
I managed to get an AirSense 11 to replace my DreamStation. I have hit a snag in the setup. As things stand, the machine does not respond to the ON button.

I have not downloaded the MyAir app to my mobile phone. Do I need to get that app downloaded, and then use my phone to unlock the machine?

If that works, can I then turn off the MyAir thing? I don't need it, don't want it, and it probably will not work from my house.  I have spotty cell phone coverage at my house and do not plan to use the modem.

I will probably have to go to a hotspot to get a download.  Actually, I have never downloaded an app to my mobile phone. I might need to get a friend to help with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setup snag with ResMed AirSense 11
Reading through the Clinicians Manual, there is no special set up - beyond going into the Clinicians menu to set pressures and such.

Once everything is plugged in, the button on the top should light up green. If it is flashing white, there is a machine error. If the button is not lit up at all, check that all the plugs are fully inserted, and that there is power at the wall outlet.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setup snag with ResMed AirSense 11
Thanks  Thanks for thinking of the very first thing to check, when I did not think of it. The connection to the adapter was not solid. I now have a green light on the CPAP unit, and on the adapter also.

Now, to check the clinicians settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 495 5 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,849 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 113 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,680 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,634 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,839 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.