Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

David Results - Request Feedback
RE: David Results - Request Feedback
Got it! Thank you so much!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey all,

I am trying to correct my Large Leaks.  
I use a nasal mask at a set pressure of 8.2 (auto turned off) and EPR at 2.  
I tend to mouth breath some but have been taping my mouth shut yet some air is still probably escaping around the tape. 

Should I lower the pressure and raise the EPR to 3 to help with my Large Leaks?

Thanks!

[attachment=48250]
[attachment=48251]
[attachment=48252]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

So I have made some great progress controlling my Large Leaks my using mouth tape and a chin strap.  I have also switched over to CPAP setting and no longer am on auto. I have a small amount of CA events that I would like to address.  It came down slightly when I changed the EPR to 3.  Any other suggestions on how to lower the CA events?  Should I raise the pressure to 8.2?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
What a great difference in your leak rate. That's fantastic! Your CAI is reasonably low and may not be disrupting your sleep. I think reducing EPR would make flow limits worse, and that is more likely to be a source of arousals than the brief CA events. Other than the fact there are events, is there anything about your therapy you would change for comfort?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, great progress with the large leaks. I am hoping that eventually I can not use the chin strap and mouth tape once I am more conditioned to the process but for now I am glad to have found a solution. 
In terms of comfort, I still have some irritation from the mask and tend to wake up a little earlier than I naturally want to die to awareness of the mask and straps on my head. I think I just need to be consistent with my use so that I can continue to grow more comfortable with it all. 
Well so I guess I will maintain settings on CPAP 8.0 with EPR of 3! 
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 25 1,213 37 minutes ago
Last Post: Dormeo
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 119 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 238 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.