Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Desperate and Confused
RE: Desperate and Confused
Thanks KG,

Can you get the head of your bed up a bit? That, and try to avoid sleeping on your back for now. There are a number of goofy ideas to help you do that, such as wear a backpack, or sew a tennis ball in the seam of a t-shirt... That sort of thing. But mostly it's whatever works. Maybe even just a pillow strategically placed.

I think that would drive your events down considerably.

Then, once things are calmed down, you could increase the pressure a little bit at a time. Not more than .5 at once. Then run with it for a few days to see what happens. The goal would be to get to that sweet spot where your OA's and Hypop's are lowered considerably without increasing your CA's. Clear Airway has a way of going up whenever you make a change, which is why you only want to make small adjustments, and only one adjustment, at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know a lot about auto Bipap machines but your IPAP and Epap seem to close together.
What is your EPAP min and max settings?
What is your pressure support setting?
Is 8-18 your Epap range?
You don't appear to be getting the benefit of the BIPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2014, 07:01 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Thanks KG,

Can you get the head of your bed up a bit? That, and try to avoid sleeping on your back for now. There are a number of goofy ideas to help you do that, such as wear a backpack, or sew a tennis ball in the seam of a t-shirt... That sort of thing. But mostly it's whatever works. Maybe even just a pillow strategically placed.

I think that would drive your events down considerably.

Then, once things are calmed down, you could increase the pressure a little bit at a time. Not more than .5 at once. Then run with it for a few days to see what happens. The goal would be to get to that sweet spot where your OA's and Hypop's are lowered considerably without increasing your CA's. Clear Airway has a way of going up whenever you make a change, which is why you only want to make small adjustments, and only one adjustment, at a time.

THANKS Retired Guy. I'm a side sleeper, but I'll elevate my head a little.

Also, I think I'll go back to the prescribed pressure (8-9) and experiment in 0.5 increments instead of jumping a lot the way I did it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2014, 08:40 PM)bwexler Wrote: I don't know a lot about auto Bipap machines but your IPAP and Epap seem to close together.
What is your EPAP min and max settings?
What is your pressure support setting?
Is 8-18 your Epap range?
You don't appear to be getting the benefit of the BIPAP machine.

Thanks Wexler.

The machine only asks for Max IPAP (18) and Min EPAP (8) when in auto mode, so I guess the EPAP is 11-16 since the pressure support is 3-8. For simplicity, I think I'll go back to CPAP 8 in order to test only small changes at one time.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 293 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  [CPAP] Confused with CPAP struggles and results dohm 4 359 02-07-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: dohm
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,088 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Confused about CA's Julia63 12 718 12-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Mask anxiety is making me desperate - any help appreciated! Tropicalhammock777 9 724 11-14-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Confused interpreting sleep data SleepyMcDonald 4 526 11-06-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Am I doing this right (OSCAR)? - Desperate and Need help Psperez27 5 497 10-15-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.