Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

does anyone have info on how AFIB or PVCs affect readings
RE: does anyone have info on how AFIB or PVCs affect readings
(10-15-2015, 01:23 PM)HogWildnTN Wrote: I would think that you should concentrate on the heart issues ie afib &/or pvc's first and foremost. If you're having enough pvc's that are affecting other systems then you're looking at going into VT (ventricular tachycardia) anyway, then sleep apnea is the least of your problems.

PVC's don't increase risk for heart disease that much. I've had them for fifty years now, off and on, and my ticker is still going. Afib increases risk for strokes. PVC's don't occur unless the Sinus node is in at least decent shape, or so I seem to remember reading.

In any case CPAP therapy lowers your risk for cardiovascular events if you have sleep apnea, and untreated apnea definitely increases that risk and is an independent risk factor. If you have heart problems and sleep apnea you need to treat them BOTH. There's nothing preventing you from seeing a sleep doctor and a cardiologist at about the same time.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,434 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 262 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.