Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Severe leak and machine noise
Severe leak and machine noise
I woke up 3 am with severe leak using F & P evora full mask.  Kept trying to adjust straps but could not stop leak. I thought mask seal had gone bad.  Also Aircurve was making loud noise usually very quiet.  Leak was in 50 range.  Pressure at mask seemed high but machine read my normal settings of 10:14.  Turning machine on and of did not help.  Started examining hose and machine.  Hose was secure as was humidifier tank. Took tank out to examine internal seals all ok.Tank was out of water.  Refilled and replaced.  Machine is quiet again, leak is zero, pressure no longer   feels excessive.  If anything feels low. I have used Aircurve in past with tank empty and humidifier off and have run out of water before with no problem.  This time machine was loud, I think was blowing increased pressure.

Anyone else ever experience this or have any ideas as to why this happened?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Severe leak and machine noise
One night, I didnt have the humidifier box pushed in fully on my AS-10 (same design as yours).
Was crazy noisy rushing air, which I first thought was the hose/mask.
Maybe the action of removing tank to fill and then putting back on "resealed" it ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe but then seal on humidifier would have had to come lose during the night cause was working well for hours.  Plus if was leaking at humidifier seal would not expect high pressure at mask and inability to seal mask.  I have had little problem with Evora mask or machine till last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can’t say for sure but I do remember when I took delivery of my first (loaner) ResMed machine the sleep tech showed how to set it all up and when she inserted the humidifier she said this how you do it, and whacked in hard with her fist, see? it needs to go in hard, like that, got it ?

maybe something to do with the seal in the back there somewhere?
Post Reply Post Reply
We might tell more from an OSCAR night charts.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I called the DME and discussed.  They told me it was from the filter which need to be changed.  They had not started sending me replacement parts.  I have been using a machine for about 6 weeks.  Filters and cushions are supposedly shipped.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 3 3 minutes ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 233 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,256 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 149 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.