Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Severe stomach pain after changing CPAP settings
Severe stomach pain after changing CPAP settings
Hello, 

I've changed settings from 4-16 to 7-16 and turned on softpap from 0 to 2.

After a 1 hour nap with CPAP, my stomach feels full of air. My results have worsened.

Normal Stats:
Limited flow fraction: 5%
RERA 1 / h

After making changes:
AHI: 3 / H
RERA 10 / h
Restricted Flow Rate: 49%

Farting: 50/h  Laugh-a-lot

I wanted to make changes because I have trouble waking up at night and feeling suffocated. Also here in the forum, I was advised about such changes.

Does that mean something? Should I take more time with these settings and get used to it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Severe stomach pain after changing CPAP settings
Each of us has a maximum tolerable pressure before getting aerophagia. I would try setting the maximum pressure to 10 cm and see how you feel. Treatment is worthless if you can not tolerate the pressure. It appears that the longer you are on a CPAP, the higher pressures will become more tolerable.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 224 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 444 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.