Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with settings - Min Pressure and Flow Limits
RE: Help with settings - Min Pressure and Flow Limits
Ah right, the EPR. I keep forgetting that's what helps with FLs. Is there an explain it like I'm 5 reason for that? It sounds counterintuitive that less pressure would help decrease mild closing of the airway. I've read a number of threads on here about it but just can't understand.

I turned down the ramp to 10 minutes and starting at 5cm and will work on moving it lower.

I've had a few pretty good nights with limited events, FLs, and restlessness. Also been even more stubborn about sleep hygiene. I'm still curious about my respiratory rate. Does the variability look 'normal'? I know it increases with REM sleep and it coincides with FLs which makes sense if that's when I'm in REM and the muscles relax/airway tried to collapse. It looks unusual to me though so I'm curious. Looked for threads on here on it but didn't find anything definitive.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 44 10 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 261 Today, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 248 Yesterday, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 4 202 Yesterday, 05:15 PM
Last Post: earnerd
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 175 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 13 655 04-14-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 109 8,653 04-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.