Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Severe to Mild Sleep Tests - How?
Severe to Mild Sleep Tests - How?
Any idea if your AHI can change over time?

I had an at home test about 3 years ago and results were SEVERE AHI was a 42!  Actually didn't believe the results, did the test again and had similar result.  Been on CPAP machine since. You love and hate that thing.

Recently went to get fitted for a dental device.. did the same at home test, and just got a MILD 4 AHI score.  I have not lost weight, roughly same neck and weight.  This recent test was actually for 2 nights. How can that be?

Do I have severe or mild apnea?  The RenewSleep center said you still need to treat a mild condition. I was worried the dental device may not work well if im SEVERE.

Anyone have any experience with this at all?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Severe to Mild Sleep Tests - How?
Positional issues can (not saying they did) cause the change.

My 2 lab studies Initial 90 AHI last year 70 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
You were not using the CPAP machine when you did the second test, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi geomarq,
WELCOME! to the forumm.!
CPAP therapy is the best treatment for sleep apnea.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
No, on the second test no cpap machine used.
I guess IDK if this condition fluctuates or what?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 120 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 100 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 767 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 225 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 255 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,127 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AHI of 10 but severe symptoms? gohoos1998 8 518 01-26-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.