Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

apap chart evaluation
RE: apap chart evaluation
mper6794:

Thanks for sharing your experience & progress. Great to read things are going your way. Up till May, everything was ok but then it started going downhill. Now after surgery (success) I'm feeling much better but I suspected (knowledge from ABF) things would be different with the therapy. Unsure   

For now, I'll go with Fred's advice for a while & see what happens. Hopefully, things will come back to normal, if not I'll see in the future & might have to go the same way you went - V Auto if necessary after checking with the pro's on ABF. It won't be a big problem since I pay for everything.   Oh-jeez  

Appreciate your comments!

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all:
After July double laminectomy surgery & medication change (confusion), my therapy was not good. Thank's to Bonjour guidance things started progressively to go better (min pr. 9.4 to 12.4 now) & after 5 months I'm almost back to normal (#'s-not a big deal). Still have fl. that will be taken care off with a future V auto.

Now the good news, after almost 2 years & 9 masks (no ins.) I think  I've found the right mask (hopefully). The P30i seems to be one, in Dec. - 10 days with no leaks & confortable (mouth tape). After 3 months I thought I was feeling rested, but nothing even close as I am feeling today. Now I feel a real difference, more alert & rested. I used to have 4/5 sessions  a night, now most night it's 1/2. I even have some night I sleep 4/5 hours nonstop, new experience for me (love it). It took 20 months. My patience & perseverance served me well, that & all your help.     Thanks

Lately it happened 2 times I have a cluster of OA. I know it's positional. Is it possible to define with the charts if it's cause by chin tucking (I wear eliminator) or back sleeping for a short while (if it can be a cause), just curious.

sb.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I had one OA, it lasted 52sec. If I understand it right the machine ramped up at 14.24 after 50some sec. It is adjusted at 

12.4/18. Any explanation why it took so long to clear OA?

sb.

Post Reply Post Reply
An Autoset machine does not raise pressure to clear an obstruction it will only raise pressure to prevent further OA's, Which your machine did after analysing the Apnoea event. The machine is behaving as expected.
Post Reply Post Reply
Machine behavior is normal and is at EPAP for events like this. Note 3 of 4 breaths before event have expiration flow limitations or snores. Search that term for possible explanations. I’m on the phone and will return later.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for explaining. I guess I didn't quite grasp the mechanism of this machine. I thought that one purpose of it was to stop an OA at a certain point before it gets too long. In this case, although the max/pr. was set at 18, it took 52 sec. for the machine to get at 14.24 & then the breathing resumed. That's what I don't understand. I thought it was a machine malfunction. 

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
It took 18 months to notice an improvement with the therapy & now after 26 months, slowly results are getting better on every aspect, it is really worth the perseverance.  

Now about 1 year ago my AHI was the same has today (0-2) but my min.vent 8.50-resp rate 13.00+- dropped, today min.vent.7.25 resp rate11.80+-.

The changes I've made where the mask (n30i to p30i) added a couple of medication after surgery, gained 4-5 pounds & after advice in July, I started to bump up the pr. (9 to 12.6 now). Good results, thanks, Fred.  

Should I be concerned about my min.vent & resp rate #s, & if so what to do to improve?

sb.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 238 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 576 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 432 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,421 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,150 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.