Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Shadowpup] ASV Therapy Thread
RE: First Nignt on AirCurve 10 ASV Disappointing
Shadow pup the biggest problem remaining in your treatment is the Obstructive Apnoea remaining that the ASV cannot blow through the clustering still looks positional but I believe you did not have great success with the soft Cervical collar
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree.  I ordered a cervical collar described as a good fit circumference and height wise.  The thing just came in and they sent the wrong size.  So now the return/reorder dance begins.  I have this positional issue in my wheelhouse and will have a better handle on it soon.  Thanks very much for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2020, 09:57 PM)Geer1 Wrote: "When you post your next graph replace the leak chart with minute ventilation, I am curious to see how it fluctuates."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It is limited data but it appears the higher EPAP did reduce ahi (best night posted) and also converted some of the apneas into hypopneas. Try another night and see what happens, if similar results going forward it confirms higher EPAP is beneficial to avoid these apneas.

I am still not sure why your doctor prescribed ASV, do you know? Do you have a sleep study report or some sort of prescription etc that might say, if so could upload but if doing so remove persona information from report. Is this just a test/part of research? The only reason I can guess at that would have validity is that the doctor wanted to lower your EPAP and he thought the variable PS available in ASV may allow that to happen but that is not really a normal procedure (usually they have to try bilevel first).
Post Reply Post Reply
The doctor prescribed ASV because he doesn't know how else to break the positional obstructive apnea. I've never seen a more screwed up prescription, and I've seen a bunch. Did the study even show central apnea?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks positional, do you have a Soft Cervical Collar? If not refer to the link in my signature and try one. A quickie for a night is to fashion by rolling a towel around a tie and putting it under your chin.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shadowpup, as you can tell we dont understand the reasoning for your doctors prescriptions as they are what you could call off label.

That doesnt mean ASV wont work for you and it can actually be helpful if collars etc fail to right the situation but is sort of a strange choice especially the drastic change from autoset settings to new ASV settings.

I would stick with current settings for a while to see what happens and continue trying different collars, pillows, sleep positions etc to see if you can find something that helps. Collar and very thin pillow is what you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2020, 09:03 PM)Geer1 Wrote: “I would stick with current settings for a while to see what happens and continue trying different collars, pillows, sleep positions etc to see if you can find something that helps. Collar and very thin pillow is what you want.“
I agree.  There is a collar and a protocol that will work for me.  I’m going to find it.  Thanks very much for everyone’s time and suggestions.  This is a great group of people.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Shadowpup] ASV Therapy Thread
Please change the title on my thread if possible.  My therapy on the ASV has evolved.  The last 30 days AHI = 0.61.  Many nights of zero AHI.

Changes since my last post include a home assembled 8" neck splint.  I now have no chin tuck and no side to side movement.  Also a new mattress, ramp under the mattress, and no pillow.  Obviously not for everybody, but it works for me. I feel better.  My days are more enjoyable and productive.

I am so thankful for the many suggestions offered by the members.  When my sleep doctor looked at my research sleep study and first titration sleep study, she immediately said "You need a special machine and the process to get to that point is frustrating.  Be patient and stick with me."  She was great.  I had the ASV in my hands within six months in spite of two months of COVID related delays at the hospital. However, the help and knowledge offered by the members here made the therapy successful.  Thanks so much to all of you.  You made a difference in my life.  God bless everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [Shadowpup] ASV Therapy Thread
Title has been changed. Good luck with your continued therapy!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,199 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.