Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Shallow breathing???
Shallow breathing???
Hi folks, I feel that I breathe very shallow!
Are there any suggestions on how to breathe more deeply?
Thanks in advance,!
Jack
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Shallow breathing???
You can do deep breathing exercises to build up your volume but I can't think of a way to control it while your sleeping. Well a BPAP could with Pressure Support.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. Your machine might keep data on your breathing tidal volume, minute vent and respiration rate. If you have the CPAP model, it doesn't, but the Elite and Autoset do...so what model Airsense 10 do you have?

All Resmed CPAPs can provide EPR (exhale pressure relief) with settings of off to 3-cm of pressure difference between inhale and exhale pressure. Using the highest EPR setting (3) will increase your respiratory and tidal volume.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jackhartjr,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have the Autoset model! Trying to find it in settings???
You rock!
Post Reply Post Reply
You rock like good or bad? Download sleepyhead and use it to check your data using a SD card.

The links are below.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
You rock is really really really good! Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Down load sleepyhead and post your results. This subject interests me because since I started using my Resmed Airsense my respiration rate went from 17 with my PR system one  to 36 with the Resmed. Until you post info no one can really give you sound advice.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are a new user, it can feel like you don't fully breathe out. This is because of the pressure keeping your lung inflated a bit. google: peep pressure. You really do get enough air. Just relax and don't try to exhale. Sleepyhead will show you your minute ventilation and tidal volume.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR settings are in the clinical setting menu under comfort. Press the control knob and home button at the same time and press the control knob to enter settings. Scroll down past the therapy settngs and you will see the comfort settings and EPR.

You can request a copy of the full clinical manual for the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset by clicking on the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top of this page. Definitely recommend you install #Sleepyhead, and post some data. The first two links in my signature describe how to organize and post charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,099 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 148 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 511 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 384 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 488 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.