Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sharing Sleep Data with Doctor
RE: Sharing Sleep Data with Doctor
I just had my first appointment with my Sleep Doc since I got my machine, (its been about 1.5 months now) told doc I was doing good and gave him an SD card with all my data on it from my machine. He gave it to some little gal who took it and was supposed to DL the data off it but came back and said it wouldn't download. I said it DL's for me everyday, someone must not be doing something right! I said let me go back there and do it then! Doc said its no big deal and he will look at it next time (next apt in 6 mo).

I left & drove around the block and kept thinking about it and got P*ssed off he wasn't even interested in my data. Came back in and talked to the girls who took my card and they were trying to DL my data with the Respironics software. I told them to use the Resmed software, my machine is an Aircurve S10. The did so and it worked but doc had done left and I dont know if he ever even looked at it!! It ticks me off as I would think that's something that's very important!! I dont know if I trust these Sleep Docs anymore or not now as I had bought my own machine and made adjustments to the settings myself and I even told him that! Luckily for me since I found the right mask (N10, bought it myself) I've gotten my AHI down between .3 and 0 most every night . Sure does make me think they are just in the business to sell CPAP machines though!
Post Reply Post Reply
welcome to the health care system
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
HDcowboy, you told your doctor "I'm doing good". He has no need to look at the data, especially since you made it clear you do look at it, and apparently know what you're doing. Data is for problem solving, and compliance. That covers all the bases without he or his staff taking the time. Let it go.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2017, 09:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: HDcowboy, you told your doctor "I'm doing good".  He has no need to look at the data, especially since you made it clear you do look at it, and apparently know what you're doing.  Data is for problem solving, and compliance.   That covers all the bases without he or his staff taking the time.  Let it go.

I reckon, but being a rank newbie to the CPAP world, going on about 2 months now, I would have really liked his opinion on all the changes I made and stuff. As far as I'm concerned I'm doing great but I dint go to school for all this crap, I aint no doctor, I learned most everything from here and another forum along with a bunch Youtube videos! LOL!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2017, 09:41 PM)HDCowboy Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 09:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: HDcowboy, you told your doctor "I'm doing good".  He has no need to look at the data, especially since you made it clear you do look at it, and apparently know what you're doing.  Data is for problem solving, and compliance.   That covers all the bases without he or his staff taking the time.  Let it go.

I reckon, but being a rank newbie to the CPAP world, going on about 2 months now, I would have really liked his opinion on all the changes I made and stuff. As far as I'm concerned I'm doing great but I dint go to school for all this crap, I aint no doctor, I learned most everything from here and another forum along with a bunch Youtube videos! LOL!

Let’s see. You bought a machine you knew nothing about to treat a disease you knew nothing about. You researched the machine and disease online, self-titrated and set up the machine so well your AHI is .3 or less. To top it off, you convinced a doctor you know enough to treat yourself and then solve a problem his staff wa having reading your data. 

Don’t sell yourself short, man. You’re not a rank newbie any more, you’re a seasoned papper. Job well done!

Like Sleeprider said. Move on. It is what it is. You’re better off treating yourself anyway.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I guess I'm doing ok then, I sure would have liked him to review my data with me though. Anyways here's a copy of last nights data, didnt seem to do too bad other than a few large leaks before I got up huh? Any comments? Feedback would be appreciated........Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks to me like you are doing great! Love that HappyFace!

As far as the Sleep Doctor goes, I totally understand what you are feeling. My doctor “and his staff” did somewhat the same to me. It just seems the norm to be let down by these folk. All you really want is their feedback and mabye a pat on the back.

I only see my sleep doc once a year. He is just thrilled that I have AHI consistently under 1. He doesn’t look at anything. I pay my copay and leave. Cool
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All I can say is, 

You Have Won A Major Award!

[Image: christmas-story-50-leg-lamp-cardboard-box-1000-web.jpg]
For Exceptional CPAP Skill and Defeating Sleep Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That may have been the restless leg award, but it's the best I got.  Too-funny
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Is that the lamp from The Christmas Story?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,713 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  Oscar Data Attached - New User - Can't Sleep! kevinmallard 7 572 12-22-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.