Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sharing data with doks? Why?
RE: Sharing data with doks? Why?
WHo and where is your Sleep Doc.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2019, 11:34 AM)bonjour Wrote: WHo and where is your Sleep Doc.

Dr. Robert Thomas at BIDMC in Boston.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bring it the first time to see if the doc cares. Evaluate whether they use it or not. If they don't, just bring your SD card in, have them sign off on your insurance/Medicare paperwork and move on.

My GP has now retired from clinical practice. He's been signing off on my supplies. Sometime between now and summer, I'll have to find a new GP who will sign off on my supplies (and a new machine when I need one). I will plan to bring in the report for usage to the new doc so that s/he can see that I'm using my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a good sleep doc. He's out of the Stanford Sleep Clinic. The only problem is that he's slammed with a patient workload that would make me have to work very hard to get individualized care.

Besides, it is the good counsel of people here (especially Sleeprider) that helped me to get the technology that I required, which is ASV.

Getting there came from "my side," and my sleep doctor had no problems admitting as much. 

He's happy to leave things in my hands. Due to the help I've had here, I think I'm doing better for myself now than if I were relying on a smart, but profoundly overworked, sleep doc.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a surprise in the mail today.

For my next appointment a few weeks off, they sent me a short letter asking me to submit my sleep progress report, also if I was hooked to a modem where my data was automatically reported.

Well, I'm an old codger who missed (most of) the computer age, and I don't even know what they are talking about.

I have all of my data from Sleepyhead and have been keeping up with it almost daily.

So I emailed them and asked for the FAX number, so I'll just print it out and send it in. (fortunately my wife knows how to send a FAX)

This is the FIRST time anyone has asked for my sleep data, and I've been doing this for 15 years!
I wonder why this came up suddenly. Are they cracking down on Medicare or something?
PAP Mode: VPAP-S
EPAP 8.4 IPAP 10.6 
ave AHI = .5 (so far)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice for first time CPAP traveller - sharing a room with people. Hopingforachange 5 634 07-19-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: djont57
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  Resmed S9 and 10 are they sharing same motor blowers SealL30 9 2,906 11-06-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  New user sharing the start of my journey Smartyna 3 650 10-26-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.