Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Shattered but relieved.
Shattered but relieved.
I was up early, went to see father-in-law and fought with a computer all day.
Just glad it is up and running, I have never seen such a stubborn computer to get running as it should do. It just came back from repair!!!
Was late to bed at 1:30am and it will be 1am or I get to bed tonight, up at 6am tomorrow!
It is supposed to be a lot easier these days, I find I am busier then ever I was when I worked!!!

I could do with a good sleep.

Not sure what is going on with the machine, but the pressure has crept up, so will need to get this Sleepyhead software installed (if I ever get the time) for fixing everyone's computer.

I suppose my own health should come first, but I can't help it.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Shattered but relieved.
Computers work better on a good nights sleep. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I totally get the fighting with the computer. My computer appears to be failing and I'm working on getting all the files OFF the hard drive so that it can be replaced. But it goes slow and so do I. I have a lot of files and many are backed up, but I'm not sure which, but slowly getting it caught up.

My biggest problem is simply sleeping LONG enough. So, set your alarm for a decent hour. When it goes off, just stop what you are doing, save, shut down and GET TO BED! It will still be there in the morning! I'm the evening caregiver for my brother and he's a night owl, so easily, I end up often going to bed at midnight instead of 10:30 p.m. Then I'm awake at 7 whether I want to be or not. It all adds up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I was still up at 2am and it was 2:10 before I got into bed, but the good thing is I slept in longer than usual, perhaps I should do it more often?
This computer had been playing up since it had been repaired by a professional (so called) but it is going very slow and none of the emails worked.
I found out they had dumped the windows in a folder marked (windows old) with a lot of his files and programs he used.
They told him his computer was W10 ready, but a quick check said the graphics board was not supported by W10 Rolleyes 
Anyway, I got it all up and running, it still appears to be a bit slow, but it has to be down to the processor, which appears to be slower than his old one!

But anyway, I had a good nights sleep with no AHIs or Centrals, so happy bunny Cool The machine had a happy smiley face this morning, I hate it if it gives me an angry face for a few minutes just before I wake up and turn the machine off!  Boy does that annoy me!

I have to go and attend to what I couldn't do this week as been a bit busy.

As for turning off the computer and going to bed, er, NO, that just means it is still to be done next day and I hate trying to remember what I was doing and where I left off.   Thinking-about
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just looked in the mirror - am I relieved! retired_guy 19 4,862 02-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  Feeling shattered Gaspnea 14 7,698 10-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Gaspnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.